? Yet another reduction?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue484, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Well, it's 3am here in England and I have just tested Frankie. His BG is 3.1. (56) I gave some LC food and will test in about 20 minutes again. Do I reduce his dose yet again now? I know this is a silly thing to worry about but I do. Since 23rd August, he has had 7 reductions and has now gone from 4.75 units to 3 units and now possibly an 8th. I can't get my head around it, as he started at 3 units and did rubbish on the dose. Not that I want to jinx him.

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

it's possible that he has just found his turn around dose and is now heading down the dosing scale.

I'd even say tonite's bg is a lot like last night.... he may have had the same pattern and then bounced upward.
    But it's good that he clears the bounce quickly and repeats the cycle.

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

and yes.
    If the reduction doesn't hold, you can always go back up.

4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I will reduce in the morning. Am just worried that once I have one increase that will start a trend upwards, but then I am more than likely over thinking things again. I'm still getting used to him clearing bounces so quick. He used to take the full 6 cycles, sometimes more. I need to start focussing on the positives not the what if's.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

turning around and heading down the dosing scale is always a big positive. :joyful:

Sue484 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.