Yet another Sugar cat..Matilda

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by George&Bert, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

I noticed some heavy urine in a box in another area of the house and kept an eye on who was doing it, but I could not tell. Do to her rather round physique I guessed Matilda my large Maine Coon and was right. I threw a test on her and it yielded a 340. I took her to the vet to get a urine test done to confirm it and she peed in the carrier and soaked herself and her bedding. However, Doc seems to think I am right. I told him I would try for a week and see if diet change and can her numbers.

In the meantime..there is a new food chart in addition to Janet's. Does anyone know where it is?

Also, there is a machine out that breaks the size of water molecules down using electricity. I thinks it is called Kangen. A Doc reviewing the machine claimed it would help the emerging epidemic of diabetes in cats. So, I am going to try it as a friend bought one of the $4000.00 machines and is going to supply me for a
    while.

And, on the canned food charts it is written that Solid Gold Tuna Blend is 21% carbs. Is that possible? It does not seem right to me, but I am not that savvy about these things.

Thanks

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I wish you luck with the diet controlling of Matilda's glucose.

I have not heard of the machine you talk about. I hope it helps. We will all be watching for reports. Please tell us more.

Solid Gold Blended Tuna Maybe, it's the Tapioca that adds the carbs?

Ingredients - Tuna, Water Sufficient for Processing, Tapioca, Canola Oil, Cellulose Gum, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Calcium Sulfate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Nicotinamide, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Manganous Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Panthothenate, Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex

Guaranteed Analysis
    Protein (min) 13.84%
    Fat (min) 2.01%
    Fiber (max) 0.01%
    Moisture (max) 79.57%
    Ash (max) 0.99%
    Magnesium (max) 0.011%

3. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I think this is the new food chart you are looking for. There is a link to it in the new to the group stickey if you need to find it again.

What are you feeding now? Is everyone on the same diet?

Good luck on the water treatment. Interesting.

5. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

Thanks everyone...

All the kitties are on the same diet. A combo of Evo 7% carb dry and Evo 0% carb canned 95% chicken. With some FF low carb thrown in for variety.

6. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

What was she eating? I hope the change in food helps a lot.

I'd also get her tested for pancreatitis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.