Yippee!!! I finally got a reading using my ReLion Prime!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by srk4cats, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

It's 108. That's good, right? I'm not due to give her insulin for another hour. Should I lower the dose?

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Grats on reading from ReliOn prime :). I'm a little confused by your Spreadsheet. In 3 days you changed her shot time by 4 hours? Did you have any more test results before using the FDMB spreadsheet? Most of us are told not to shoot under a reading of 200.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

The dates are 3/22, 3/22, and 3/25 on the spreadsheet. Can you fix that, too?

4. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Wow looks like she's responding well to the ProZinc.
    I see you're giving 2.5 units. The AMPS and PMPS areas are where we put the Pre-shot/Pre-meal BG reading. You can add that before the shot time if it helps keep you straight on when you gave the injection.
    It will be best if you can add those pre-shot test numbers to your spreadsheet so we can see what her numbers were before getting the 2.5 units.
    I don't suggest giving 2.5 units on a BG level of under 200 but that is because I don't know what her numbers were for the previous shots.
    If you can adjust your spread sheet or even update them in a post we can help more.
    One of the gurus of ProZinc that is very good at explaining things and helping out is @Kris & Teasel
    Maybe she can give you more info on how to go about fixing the spreadsheet.
    Getting some mid cycle test will help you see how low she is going with the shot as well. around 5 to 7 hours after the shot. Usually 6 hours after.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I had a look at your spreadsheet. First off, you've set it up using the template for a pet meter but you're using a human meter. The automatic colour coding is different for the different meters. You can just go back to the set up instructions and redo it using the correct template (human meter) because you don't have a lot of data on it yet.

The insulin doses should be given 12 hours apart and at around the same time AM and PM each day. It seems that you've changed the AM dose times and there isn't anything entered for PM dose. You are dosing twice a day, right?

To make a change on the spreadsheet, click on a cell. It should become outlined in blue and then you click"delete" and enter the corrected number.

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You are shooting a really high dose for her morning bg being just 150. Definitely lower the dose. If it's 150-200 I wouldn't give more than 0.5-1 and error on the side of caution when you can't get mid cycle numbers. If under 150 don't shoot. At least not until you have more data.

You are missing pm data.... What did you shoot?

7. srk4cats

OK, sorry I messed up the spreadsheet. I'll fix it. Are you saying that if she is under 200, I should skip her insulin shot?

8. Yong & Maury GA

For now, probably. Just to be safe until you get more data.

9. srk4cats

I think I fixed Chloe's spreadsheet and provided the new link. I started over with a human meter template, although it looks like the numbers and colors are the same. I deleted the first couple entries because I didn't think I got a valid sample. I'm going to test her again now. btw, I bought Orijen treats and she loves them.

10. srk4cats

OK, its been 10 hours since I gave her last injection. If I do a test now, do I need to feed her immediatly afterwards?

11. Yong & Maury GA

Put the times in your notes. If it's 10 hours since last injection, where did that +11 come from? Another day? If doing a test now, just give her 1 treat after the test. She needs no food for 2 hours before PMPS so the number is not food influenced.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It's at the low end of BG (lime green and dark green) that the colour coding is different.

13. Yong & Maury GA

Just noticed a note. Are you using U-100 syringes for Prozinc? If so, drawing 5.0U of Prozinc on a U-100 syringe is not 2.5U.

14. srk4cats

I'm sure I was using a conversion chart on this site. Now I can't find it. Do you know where it is? I've done a search with no luck.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  15. Yong & Maury GA

16. srk4cats

Thank you. I've been searching all over. Just to be sure: 2.5 on u-40 = 6 on a u-100?

17. Yong & Maury GA

Yeah. I just decided to add the 0.25 increments because that's usually what Prozinc adjusts by on the U-40 syringes. If you have U-40 syringes, put them in a completely different place so you do not grab one by accident!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.