You guys have convinced me to go with Lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harley's Mom, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley's Mom

Harley's Mom Member

Okay you guys have convinced me.

Exactly what should I ask the vet to write on the script and which syringes etc to I need to get?

My places for purchasing the syringes will either be Walmart or Walgreens.

As for the Lantus I will have to get that wherever I can get the best price.

It looks like I am going to be able to get some Lantus from Leslie, Maverick & Chaos-(GAs). Not sure when, but that is good news!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You probably want the Lantus cartridges since they are usually less expensive overall since one almost never uses up an entire 10 ml vial without it going bad. The cartridges come in a package of five 3 ml cartridges. and cost me about $170 (US). The Flex pens are a little more.

Walmart is a good place to go for syringes. They sell 3/10 cc capacity U100 syringes marked in 1/2 unit increments. A lot of people like the 31 gauge (very thin) short (5/16 inch) needles. Some people like the longer length 1/2 inch needles but they only come as thin as 30 gauge.

3. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

That one cartridge from Leslie might be all ya need.. and to be honest, I'm still concerned about putting him on insulin. He's coming down without insulin and I'd like to see another 24 hours to see if he improves or starts to track back up.

Larry gave you great advice on insulin and syringes so I don't have anything to add to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.