Young Again cat food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hizzoze, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hizzoze

Hizzoze Member

I ordered a bag of the YA food. My cats all love it. But Moxie has had the nastiest, most foul smelling diarrhea and vomits. The vomit looked like it could have been the entire contents of her stomach. I'm thinking it could be bc she ate non stop when I put the dry food out. I did mix it w their usual food. Wondering if anyone else had this issue? Should just stop feeding her the YA all together or try a smaller amount?

2. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Maybe she was eating too fast. Maybe mix in just a little YA in a smaller ratio and slowly increase.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Ya is very rich. Three of my 7 for the runs when I first introduced it. You could limit it to just a small amount at first until they learn how much they need. The habit is to eat a lot.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Any time you try a new food you need to add a little at a time to avoid intestinal issues.

5. Case

Case Member

I also started YA about 2 weeks ago. My 3 cats all had diaherra for the first few days due to overeating. One threw up the whole pieces too, I think it is pretty common when you first start it. I have learned not too leave out too much during the day and they've figured out they dont need to eat as much of it. I also feed wet food for my diabetic before shots and sprinkled Forti Flora on it for a few days and the diaherra and stinky poop cleared up very quickly.

6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Like tiffmaxee said, you'll want to do a transition with new foods :). Even with a slower than usual transition, my boy did have some very stinky poo's when changing him to YAZ but it settled after a bit and they're just normal stinky :p. I also cannot free feed YA like the instructions suggest as I'm pretty confident my boy would just clean the bowl every time :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.