Young Again for out of town trips?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by underdawg, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. underdawg

underdawg Member

When I go out of town for a weekend , I have to leave timer feeders with canned food since I don't have anyone who can come in to feed my four cats. I have one diabetic, one crystal cat and two civies.
    I hate leaving canned food out for two days and have been hearing about Young Again zero carbs dry food. I wonder if anyone has used YAZC for meals when going away. I was hoping to leave two meals of canned food and two meals of YAZC. When I am home, they will get their canned food all the time but I needed something for when I am away for a couple of days. While away, my diabetic does not get shots. I need to know how giving two meals of dry would affect the BG, dosage etc. for my diabetic. I also need to know how long Lantus actually stays in the system or how much would be in his system when the first dry meal would be eaten.
    Example: he would get a shot thursday night and not get another shot until Sunday evening. His first dry meal of YAZC would be Saturday night. So there would be 48 hours between his insulin shot and the YAZC meal. Then when I come back on Sunday evening, I assume I may need to do a smaller dose.
    So if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

2. Adam

Adam New Member

Thanks for posting this underdawg. My vet told me about the young again zero carb dry food and I was curious also if anyone has tried or heard of this. Would like to leave some out while I'm at work because I work long hours.

3. underdawg

underdawg Member

Adam, i posted this on the main health forum too and have had a couple of responses. There is also another thread on the main health forum with interesting comments. Check them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.