You’re stuck with us...

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by donnahc, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Hi kids :coffee:
    I see many new things out there in PZI land! I have been keeping up with you all while I am volunteering at fest and in between all the craziness here at the Dutch Ghetto ;)

I exchanged emails with my vet since he was out of town last week, and I do hope to chat with him today on the phone, but for right now I think we have decided to stay with ProZync. Our vet feels we are doing an excellent job managing Asher’s diabetes and is happy with his numbers and feels his clinical signs are excellent. He feels the PZ is working and tries to reserve the use of other insulins for cats who don’t respond to PZ. It is also flexible for our nutty schedule.

He asked about the diet, and mentioned we could tweak Asher’s diet to lower carb too, but he didn’t remember we are already feeding 1-2% carbs, so I don’t think we can go much lower there.

So...we are hanging out here for now. You’re stuck with us ;) I updated the spreadsheet this morning. Things look pretty good right now. He has had a lot of blues and we have had to push back his shoot time a few times since he has been crusing pretty good in the afternoons and a couple times overnight.

As always, all thoughts are welcomed. Good day and good numbers and health to you all! xoxoxoxoxo

2. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Glad You're staying!!!!!

3. Ginny & Alex

Ginny & Alex Well-Known Member

Me too, glad you're staying.

BTW: The pic of the two cats is beautiful. Professionally done? I assume one of them in Asher?

4. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, we appreciate your thoughts :)
    Yes, the gray cat on the right side of our avatar is Asher. Black cat on the left is his brother Alby. I would say yes, it is professionally done since photography is what we do for a living ;)
    The story behind this photo is we had a 4x8 sheet of black plexiglas up in the studio to photograph some hand blown glass pieces for a client. When he left before we struck the set, we put the cats up there and got some fun shots of them. They are so used to flashing strobes and fans on lights that this doesn’t bother them.

Here is closer photo with their positions reversed :)

Attached Files:

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Good news for us. You and Asher are always a kick to have around. :mrgreen: Never a dull moment! Guess the vet is right - he is doing well, regulated the majority of the time and you do know how to manage the ProZinc.

6. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I love the new pic! Glad Asher is doing good.

7. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

We wern't going to let you leave PZI just because you switched insulin :D silly girl.

Asher's ss is looking great and getting better all the time.

I love the inquisitive look on his face in the new picture.

8. Kathyh

Kathyh Member

WaHoo to BLUE!! Good for you!!

9. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

What lovely photos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.