Yoyo Has Fleas

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lana & Yoyo, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lana & Yoyo

Lana & Yoyo Member

I took Yoyo to the vet this morning. Yoyo has fleas!!! I really think I must have done something really, really mean in a previous life!!!!!

I thought the weekly applications of Advantage were finally resolving the flea problem. Apparently not. He got Capstar this morning and an application of the clinic's Advantage in case my internet-ordered Advantage has lost its punch. Time will tell.

I am really in a funk. Now that I am using mostly raw food and premium canned foods now (supplemented with some FF), I am probably spending around $100/mo just on Yoyo's food. His test strips run in the vicinity of $60/month (as long as I'm fairly thrifty with them). If I have to start buying Advantage from the vet clinic, I am going to have to talk to Yoyo about getting a job. . .

Lana

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I was just thinking about how much Jeddie costs me each month (must be tax time!), but I am so glad that he is here and I went out on a limb to adopt him 18 mos ago.

But, boy, I know how frustrating these things are. Have you tried Frontline or Revolution for the fleas? Does he go outside? They can be a pain to get rid of. You have to treat all the animals in the house plus vacuum or wash everything in the house that can harbor eggs or fleas. Last year I took my five cats to our family house in upper MI. It was infested in one room and they were infested in a day with fleas. I treated all of them with Frontline and washed all the bedding, vacuumed all the carpeting, mattresses and upholstered furniture. I MOVED every piece of furniture I could to vacuum under it. Then I had to do all that again at home in a month because I was still finding fleas on them, including retreating them. I think Beau licked off the Frontline on my oldest so she never got rid of them. And I Frontlined them AGAIN when I went back to that house in October, just in case. What a pain.

I know what you are going through. You have my sympathies.

3. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

I went on entirelypets.com and bought a 12 pack of advantage II for 94$ It was 20% off and coupon code made it 30% off.
    We had fleas so bad when I moved I ripped all of my rugs up.

$ for food is bad too. I have 9 cats, so I understand that.

Good luck with the flea problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.