? Yum still stuck at 2.75 units: are we seeking normal or lowest safe BG?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJW, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Yum has been stuck at pretty much the same dose for 2 months now.
    She is in the "normal" range for a cat on the AlphaTrak meter (below 159 or 175), except off and on for the AMPS number.

I could probably take her up to 3 units---but what is the argument for that? Would it nudge her pancreas to work better? I am happy she is regulated.

One of my civvies had a BG of 195 at her checkup last week on an empty stomach. She was EXTREMELY stressed out. Yum isn't going even that high. She goes in for her checkup and vaccinations in a couple of weeks.

Please advise me on whether the goal is to keep her in the "normal" zone or to flirt with the lowest safe numbers possible.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What is your goal? Remission or regulation? If remission and you can monitor, I'd try increasing and see if you can bring the entire range down. If you were using a human meter, kitties earn a reduction for spending a week in green. Yum doens't quite look like she's there yet.

I had a civvie test over 210 at the vet - stressed even more. And 53 at home the next day. Don't go by vet test numbers.

3. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

My goal is remission. I need to leave home for more than 6 hours at a time eventually!!!
    Okay. Tomorrow morning we are going up to 3 units...unless she has a nicer number...in which case I might procrastinate a while longer.
    Yum is almost always in human meter green, EXCEPT for the AMPS. I think AT2 150 is about human meter 100.
    I could ignore that number and reduce her dose, but I am pretty sure her numbers would rise.
    Not looking forward to getting back on the hypo roller coaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.