? Zeke - 12/23 - Needing dosing advice.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Zeke's numbers as always are a little strange lol. He is having some great PM cycles, but not liking the pink AM early numbers. Would love some feedback on a dosing change. 1.5 units wasn't enough, and 1.75 was a bit too much, so since we use a caliper, we went to the middle ground of 1.63. I want to try to get away from those pinks to keep him in yellows and below.

Any suggestions?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Meredith. :bighug: How is Zeke doing other than his numbers? Now that he's a long term diabetic, are you waiting for under 40 before reducing?

I suspect some of his bounces might be from steep dives. Is there anyway you can encourage him to eat a little just before he onsets to slow him down a bit?

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  3. Meridith and Zeke

Hi Wendy. Zeke is doing good overall. We free feed so other then treats, which will definitely raise him (we use them to help steer), hard to get him to eat when we want. Would love to schedule feed for better control but our fatboy won't allow it, and neither will my bank account for replacing all the broken items lol. We only reduce when he hits 30's normally. We did his last small reduction because of having to steer him so much even though he hadn't hit 30's yet.

4. Jenny reyes

Jenny reyes Member

Hello my cat is on vetslin 3 units twice a day I started
    Doing home testing this morning her bs sugar was 348 before testing or giving her food or her insulin she is on Merrick pate wet food and she has been eating 2 cans a day she seems perky and is doing better I think

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

6. Meridith and Zeke

@Wendy&Neko i got her a post started in the right forum. She posted here so I knew what her I’d was so I could easily tag her in a new post. I think I might have tagged u on that one, can’t remember lol

Wendy&Neko likes this.