Zeke - Day 1 Tresiba - AMPS 265 +2 417 +4 409 +9 239 +12 354 +18 332

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Meridith and Zeke, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Today is the Day. Figured today was the best day to start since I am here the entire time today so best to keep an eye on him so if he does have a reaction. Not expecting him to, but to be on the safe side.

His AMPS was only 265, a little lower then I expected since he didn't have his normal 3am shot of Lev. He is his normal self and he took the 1u of Tresiba like he normally takes shots. Will be testing more frequently this first day especially the first 12 hours. Since there has been a cat or two that was able to do 24 hour cycles and Zeke is known for not doing anything normal, we are starting out on a 24 hour cycle and I will just watch his numbers closely and switch to 12 hours if he is starting to stay too high. Will definitely be a judgement call though since the other 2 kitties on the board that have used this went through a 2 week lull in the beginning. Will find out soon enough if Zeke will go through the lull too.

It has been awhile since I have been here on the boards but I will try to keep everything updated frequently since I know others will be following along on this uncharted journey.

Sam & Esse likes this.
  2. Meridith and Zeke

+2 417.

Gonna make him some kitty soup since looks like he might be wanting to go pretty high to help keep ketones from trying to build up. Zeke is pretty easy to flush ketones out. Testing again at +4 and will do a ketone test if he is still rising.

Sam & Esse likes this.
  3. Meridith and Zeke

+4 409.

He is holding now so not going to test again until +9. Keeping kitty stew out for the extra fluids.

Sam & Esse likes this.
  4. Meridith and Zeke

+9 239

Usually with a skipped shot on the Lev, he would stay higher until his next shot time. Maybe a little already showing from the Tresiba? Would be nice if he has a quicker response from it. Fingers crossed!

Sam & Esse likes this.
  5. Meridith and Zeke

+12 354

Not a bad number right now. Will be my last update for the night. Will start a new thread for day 2.

Sam & Esse likes this.
  6. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Looks like a good first day :cat: My fingers are crossed for a good AMPS tomorrow!

Meridith and Zeke likes this.