Zeke - Day 4 - AMPS 310 +7 262 +12 328 +18 328

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Meridith and Zeke, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Prior Convo

AMPS 310

His Lev depot should be nicely drained at this point. I am going to increase his dose to 1.5 in the morning just so we can get out of the pinks. At that point since we do have a depot building for the Tresiba, I will hold this next dose longer just so we don't overshoot the dose or cause him to suddenly go too low once the depot tops out. Don't want to have to fight low numbers that could hold at that level for a long time. Will probably test about the same today as we did yesterday, with the exception of his +6 since that one will have to be done a little earlier because we have to go out of town this morning. At least we were able to get his +18 this morning so looks like he is holding pretty well for the entire duration. Now that the lev depot is gone, this cycle could be even more telling on that though.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Meridith and Zeke

+7 262

Great number! So far loving these flat numbers! Crossing fingers that he can stay on once a day dosing too!

3. Meridith and Zeke

+12 328

Will get another +18 tonight. Already have the caliper set for increasing the dose to 1.5u in the morning. Don't like these higher numbers, but we have probably drained the lev depot by now. Should be only tresiba numbers by morning time at the latest. It is having some affect because he usually hits in at least the high 300's - 400's when he would have a missed dosed on the lev. Since the standard protocol is holding for 6 cycles when they are 12 hours long, I would say 3 days should be good point for the tresiba for doing dose changes after this increase. Though I don't think I would want to get above 2u for the first 2 weeks since he hasn't been that high on either Lev or Lantus in a long long time.

Deb & Wink likes this.