Zeke steering staying in 30’s 40’s

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

We just started injecting in a different area a couple days ago, and this has led to Zeke responding very well to the insulin. We had to steer his pm cycle and now I’m up steering with his am cycle. I started steering at his +2 and we got a long road ahead since this is Levemir.

I have given Karo twice now. What else would be good for helping raise his numbers? He does fine with 40’s (the turd regularly drops to them when he is getting ready for a reduction) but I gotta get him out of the 30’s!

Because of how he has been responding to the new injection location, I am thinking I should reduce down to 1.25u to let his depot drain and go from there.

On the ss, on cells that show numbers like 40, 45 that is actually on the hour and then then half hour. I just haven’t pulled it up on my computer recently to make those cells read better yet.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Meridith and Zeke

I am giving HC and a dry treat (friskies) each test to help.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Do you have any ff with gravy

4. Meridith and Zeke

That is the HC I am giving him.

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad he has come up out of the 30s. I hope he keeps surfing higher. A number in the 30s calls for an immediate reduction.

You can always rub karo on his gums if giving it in his food is not helping. I'm sure you know not to feed too much at a time so he won't get full and not eat when you need him to. It's best to only give a teaspoon of HC food at a time to keep him from getting full. Some people even drain off the gravy and only give that.

Bellasmom and Meridith and Zeke like this.
  6. Meridith and Zeke

When he drops in the 30’s, I put the karo on his gums for the quicker reaction of it. When he is in the 40’s I just put a drop in his food. I am hoping that he won’t start getting too full since we do have another 3 hours or so before he will peak and start to rise.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are doing everything you can to keep his numbers from going lower. The only other suggestion I know of is if you are desperate putting honey or karo up their butt. I don't think you are in that position or will need to do something that drastic. That is for real emergencies where the cat is not responding in any way.

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  8. Meridith and Zeke

I will save that for a last ditch effort. He got mad enough at me when I first changed shot locations lol. He still isn’t sure if he likes the new location yet or not but he doesn’t fight it.

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Keep testing every 20 min

10. Meridith and Zeke

I test every 30, but not letting up til I know he is in the clear. Zeke has always loved the dramatic drops. Since I haven’t had much sleep, been setting an alarm in case I end up dozing off.

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

OMG! Zeke likes to roll with my Luci! She enjoys the drama too! I think it's because she gets gravy style foods and forbidden kitty crack treats - some super high carb junk I keep on a high shelf for just such an occasion. Sorry it's taken him so long to come up - but it looks like he's on his way now.

What is the new location that you're giving his shot in? Maybe I need to move Luci's shot to another area? Her last 12 cycles she wasn't responding to her dose...btw she's on the same dose as your Zeke! Hope Zeke gets away from the sharks and stays away!

12. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

So glad to see Zeke out of those lime greens! I hope he can stay up for you!

13. Meridith and Zeke

I have wondered if he does some of this just to get the junk food lol.

I have started injecting on the side. The common consensus seems to be that the insulin is better absorbed there.

14. Meridith and Zeke

Me too!

15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Like under his shoulder area? Or closer to tummy area???

16. JanetNJ

Ha ha cc loves going low and watching me pull out that party mix bag! Of course then ALL the cats get happy.... Then it's a party mix party for everyone. Lol

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. JanetNJ

I tried the a few weeks ago, and my normally cooperative sweetheart tried to eat me. I decided it wasn't worth it. Lol

18. Meridith and Zeke

Sue and Luci likes this.
  19. Meridith and Zeke

Yep! These guys come running when they hear the bag being opened lol

20. Meridith and Zeke

Lol, quoted the wrong one.

JanetNJ likes this.
  21. Meridith and Zeke

Zeke acted like he wanted to eat me the first time. Even started hissing at me when I came near him afterwards lol. Now though he is fine with it.

22. Meridith and Zeke

Well, looks like he is going to hold finally. Hopefully dh will be up soon so I can get some sleep.

Amanda and a Loudogg and JanetNJ like this.
  23. Meridith and Zeke

I got some sleep finally and dh took over testing. Zeke fly high on his bounce. His highest was 575 at +2 for his pm cycle. He is on his way back down but will be watching him close since he does like to boomerang with his numbers sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.