Zero carb cat food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hosanna, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hosanna

Hosanna Member

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Yes, that has been discussed here. It seems to be the best dry food but canned is better. If you use the search box in the upper right and search for "Young Again Zero Carb cat food" you will find previous discussions on that food.

3. Hosanna

Hosanna Member

Thanks. I am enjoying reading these comments. I wonder if there is a member of this group who is currently feeding this food? I would like to hear from you.

4. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Hosanna,

I bought Young Again 6 weeks ago (maybe?) to use if we had to be away from home for a while. Jersey, our sugar cat, will eat a few bites of it, but really isn't interested in it after that. Because she won't eat much of it, I just can't tell you how it affects her bg. The two indoor civies we have won't touch it at all. The two outdoor civies, on the other hand, seem to really like it.

A while back, someone else had asked about Young Again. You might find some of that discussion helpful: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=114631&hilit= young again.

Hope that helps!
    Shelly

5. billr

billr Member

We feed Gizmo a combination of Young Again Zero Carbs and various canned foods (Fancy Feast, Friskies, Sheba Pates). He likes the Y.A. and it doesn't seem to affect his BG more than the wet foods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.