Zobaline Questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KattyKay, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KattyKay

KattyKay Member

Just started Zobaline today. Caesar's neuropathy signs are very pronounced. The vet gave him a B12 shot on Wednesday and it did seem to help him get around better, but going to the vet often to get a B12 shot is not realistic for me, so hopefully this works better.

How many pills should I give him a day? The directions say to crush the pill. Can I break it in two and give it to him orally? He takes his anti-nausea pill right down the hatch, so he is use to swallowing pills. How long till I see results? Thank you!

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I think it's 1 pill a day so half in the morning and half in the evening, some crush into food but if he's used to pills, grats :). Nerves are the slowest thing to "heal" so it may take a month or more. The more you get his diabetes under control, that will help the most. Good luck :bighug:

3. Stressedcatmom

Stressedcatmom Well-Known Member

Yoshi has it too, and it does take some time. Slow improvements over the last month and I give 2x per day in wet food.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

B 12 is just expelled in the urine. Zobaline is pretty high dose so 1 a day is probably all his body will absorb, but if you did do 2, extra is just peed out.

5. Waheeda

Waheeda Well-Known Member

Can't wait for zobaline to reach me. Ordered thru Amazon but they ship to Portland first n then another postal service will bring it here. Probably 2 weeks. Sadden us to see a highly active, jumping cat becomes so passive n quiet.

6. JanetNJ

The meantime you can just pick up some b12 at a pharmacy.

7. Waheeda

The vet gave me neuroforte which has b12. Has been on it abt 10 days but don't see much improvement.

8. JanetNJ

I see. It takes weeks to months to reverse neuropathy.

Stressedcatmom and Waheeda like this.
  9. JanetNJ

The good news is you are seeing good mid day numbers now so that will help.

Waheeda likes this.
  10. Waheeda

His pmps is 380. U thk I shld increase to 3.2u ?

11. JanetNJ

That would probably be ok. Your call.

12. Waheeda

Yup my gut feels it's ok as his blue 2 days ago are on a higher side. I'm home so can monitor if he looks ok n can get 2 readings.

JanetNJ likes this.
  13. JanetNJ

Listen to your gut

14. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

Angel has been on Zobaline for 2 weeks now and maybe I just want her healed so bad that my mind is telling me it's helping but I swear I already see improvements! She gets 1 tablet at nignt crushed in her wet food. She used to get it in a pill pocket but I was worried the carb content of those would mess with her numbers.

Stressedcatmom and JanetNJ like this.
  15. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Janet is 100% correct. And you can't expect a miracle. The neuropathy is neural damage, I think it is damage to the myelin sheath. It takes awhile for the nerves to regenerate, and some of them never fully regenerate. In the case of Leo, he was really bad. It took months after he was regulated, but most of his neuropathy symptoms have receded. It's great when that happens. But it was not an overnight or a 1 month resolution.

Stressedcatmom likes this.
  16. raun cesar

raun cesar Member

Zobaline will work slowly but works, One pill in 24 hours is enough. Powder it and mix it in meals Good Luck!! :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.