Zobaline (vitamin B-12, Methylcobalamine)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna M, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna M

Donna M New Member

Does anyone have a good source to purchase Zobaline from? I was purchasing online through Amazon/ Life Link and their prices have skyrocketed. I bought a 60 tablet bottle for $29.80 and had to pay $4.99 shipping in May (2019) and went to reorder today from same source and now they are charging $38.90 plus the $4.99 shipping and then tax on top. Each pill is now over 73 cents each. Not even sure if this supplement actually improved my kitty’s rear legs and hind end weakness or whether the improvement was from controlling his blood sugar with the high protein low carb diet with insulin injections as needed. His blood sugars are consistently between 90 and 150 now and I don’t have to administer insulin much now.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Vitacost Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin -- 5000 mcg - 100 Capsules

• SKU #: 835003001804
    • Shipping Weight: 0.12 lb
    • Servings: 100
    [​IMG]
    • Our price: $23.92

Free Shipping!

Vitacost Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin -- 5000 mcg - 60 Capsules
      • SKU #: 844197016143
      • Shipping Weight: 0.08 lb
      • Servings: 60
      [​IMG]Our price: $17.57
    • Hey Donna I buy these , some one in the group told me about this, it's the same thing ,only it's 5000 mgs instead of 3000 mgs like the Zobaline has. The Zobaline has 200 mgs of folic acid, so I just buy the folic acid in the supermarket, 400 mgs and cut them in half and grind them up to follow the Zobaline formula.This brand comes in capsules, it's a powder, just open them up and put it in the wet food with the folic acid. I posted the pics for you, If you buy them before 7 am tomorrow it's free shipping if you buy the quanity of 100 and buy one get half off in the next one.You are really making out buying the qty of 100 for way less money than buying the Zobaline for a qty of 60. I used to buy the Zobaline until I was told about this one from Vitacost. Even though these are 5000 mgs , it's ok they pee out what they don't need

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Jack the Cat likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

You also might want to post about your kitty on on the Lantus forum and in your signature put down what you feed him. We also use a spreadsheet when we test their AMPS morning pre shots and PMPS night time pre shots.We then test them at various times to see what their BG is ,so if there is a problem with their BG such as dropping very low , you can ask for help and we can see how your cat is re acting to the insulin. I see you said you are not giving insulin anymore, do you test your cat at home every day to see what his BG is. I'm sort of new myself ,so that's why I suggested to post this on the Lantus forum also.There are plenty of experienced members here that are so wonderful that can help you out, everyone here is so helpful.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

For the instructions on how to set up a spreadsheet go to
    Go to Suggestions, Tech Support & Testing Area forum and you will see how to set a spreadsheet up and you will also see understanding the spreadsheet grid and sharing your spreadsheet with others

5. Donna M

Donna M New Member

6. Donna M

Donna M New Member

Yes, I test each morning and evening before his meals. I also do BS curves and random blood sugars. The only times now where his BS is elevated is if he has been stressed, i.e., vet visits, traveling to our vacation home, lots of new people in his environment. The food he gets now since his diabetes diagnosis is Fancy Feast Classic Pates and canned tuna fish. He used to be a grazer but has assimilated well with twice a day feedings, 9 am and 9 pm. I have also posted on the Lantus forum previously to inquire about attaining more rigid control of his BS by using tiny amounts of Lantus like .25 unit doses. Thanks for your suggestion of the Vitacost. I will look into that!

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

You are welcome

8. Jack the Cat

Jack the Cat Member

Thank you for sharing this. Was going to refill Jack the Cat's Zobaline and Amazon still has the higher price. I just ordered from Vitacost.

Have a question..I've seen significant improvement in Jack's neuropathy since he is off the insulin and I've given him the Zobaline once a day in his food.

My question is...is methylcobalamin something to continue to supplement Jack with in his food, or is there some point in time that it becomes apparent that he has improved as much as he ever will?

I will do anything to get him totally back on his toes.

Jane

Margie and Jackson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.