? Zoey & Carol

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Zoey & Carol, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

Can someone please check Zoey's spreadsheet again? I have been dosing her on a sliding scale: PS 100-150 - 1.2, 150-200 - 1.4, 200-300 - 1.6, over 300 - 1.8 for about 3 weeks. She is getting a few more greens but it looks to me like she goes lower for the PMPS if the AMPS is 1.8 and vice versa. One night 6/22 she was at 124 for PS, so I didn't give her any insulin. Then at +3, she was up to 293 so I gave her a shot. That put her off schedule for a couple of days, so you can probably ignore the next two days.

Should I increase her dose a bit (1.89) if she is in the 200's?

This is very confusing for my poor brain!

Other than that she is very happy and healthy. Whether she's high or low doesn't seem to affect her activity or her personality. She is just a little hungrier when she is high. I've also noticed smaller pee clumps, so that's good.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I'd lower the scale a little. It looks to me like 1.8 was too much for the 300s as she dropped to the 50s on 6/20 and on 6/22, you got an unshootable pre shot. Hard to tell what happened last night when she got 1.2 on a 142, but I would guess she dropped low and bounced for this am. If she were mine, I think I'd lower all doses by .2 and see if she flattens out a little and stops bouncing.

Dropping from 300+ to 50 in just a couple hours would make her feel crummy. Avoiding those kinds of harsh drops would be a good thing.

Make any sense?

3. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

Yes, it does make sense. I'll try it over the weekend so I can get a curve.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.