Zoozey AMPS 61, PMPS 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by emchic, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emchic

emchic Member

Zoozey's numbers are finally starting to come down after the trip to my parents house for Christmas, which is a massive relief. I haven't been able to do anything than the bare minimum for him because I got horrendously sick (AGAIN!) right after Christmas. I've been the doctor three times, and I think I have to go back tomorrow. I'm feeling slightly human again, but I'm still coughing my lungs up. Boo. It is terrible getting out of bed to take his blood sugar, feed him, and give him his shot when I feel like warmed over trash.

I also found out this week that two of my spring classes didn't make, so my income for the next five months is going to reduced by half and I might lose my health insurance. I got so upset on Friday, I made myself even more sick. It's not been a good week, and it's only Monday.

But, Zoozey is doing fantastically. Every time I see him play, groom his brother and sister, I'm so grateful. Also, he finally gained some weight! He had gotten down to 9lbs during his dka, so he came home looking like skin and bones. He now weighs 13 pounds and looks fantastic. So despite all my problems, I'm really really grateful for that. Gotta go now. Zoozey just hopped up onto the couch for petting. :)

2. Michelle & Dusty

Michelle & Dusty Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your problems - health, work, etc. I'm assuming you're an ajunct prof somewhere? I did adjunct work for a couple of years prior to getting my current (TT) gig and the uncertainty was terrible. Sending you positive thoughts and hopes that you get to keep your health insurance and something for this semester works out.

I'm glad Zoozey is feeling better, at least. May he continue to groom and play and do all of those things kitties should do. :smile:

3. emchic

emchic Member

Yeah, I'm an adjunct at the university where I'm doing my doctorate and at a nearby art school. I love the teaching and the schedule, but the money in the humanities is terrible. I might be getting a third class, which would enable me to keep my health insurance and make it a little easier to get by, so I've got my fingers and toes crossed. At least when I'm stuck at home with no money, I'll have the cats to keep me company. :) Two of them are doing that right now. They're taking their post-dinner nap right next to me on the couch.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Barbi --

Please, please, please get at least one spot check during each cycle. Zoozy's numbers are great. You just don't know if the dose needs to be reduced or just how low her numbers are going.

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

HI guys don't think we have met yet! So sorry about all the awful things going on but the positive is Zoozey! Do try to get a spot check at least once a day so you can see how the dose is working and making sure he is not going too low. Take care of yourself and get better!!

6. emchic

emchic Member

I had just begun to get in the habit of spot checks every day when I got sick, but I've barely been able to get out of bed lately. The cold weather has made Zoozey feisty, and his new favorite game is to trot away when he sees me coming with the meter. He loves to chase and be chased. He makes me follow him all around my apartment before he jumps on my bed to let me take his reading. This is not at all fun when I can barely breathe, but I'm glad he's having a good time. Today is the first day in a while where I've been able to do something besides lay on the couch and go through multiple boxes of kleenex. I plan on doing a +3 in an hour if I can stay awake.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Barbie

I'm sorry you've been so ill. I haven't been nearly as sick as you but I know it hangs on and is tough to get rid of and you just feel like sleeping.

I have to echo Sienne's concerns. Shooting a 51 or 54 really requires you to grab a spot test to make sure Zoozey isn't too low. I hope he's been just flat but if you're feeling well enough to grab a +2 or +3, that might give you an idea of where he is at night.

Feel better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.