Zorro OTJ Day 10 - AMBG 121, PMBG 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beckyboo, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beckyboo

Beckyboo Member

Higher this morning. Used the auto feeder but he didnt eat overnight - too cold? bed warm!
    Good result PM.
    When he is in full remission do I still stay on ultra low carb or can he go up a bit?
    I would like to feed him some whiskas as well to make it more affordable - they said The WHISKAS Mince Varieties have a 5-12% Carbohydrate Dry Basis but it has cereals in it.
    Is 5-12% dry basis still OK carb range?

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

He will still be diabetic even when he is in remission and you will still need to feed low carb food and watch for anything that could make his BG go up and knock him out of remission. I'm not sure if the Whiskas will affect him. ECID is how much carbs is too high.

3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Happy OTJ Day #10
    :D:D:D:D:D
    :D:D:D:D:D

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

I kept Davidson on FF for the 4yrs he was in remission, tested him weekly for a year, twice monthly for a yr, monthly for the 3rd year...then every 6 weeks....luckily I caught him with a high BG test and he’s now back on the juice. I wouldn’t change any of his eating or treat habits, and suggest monitoring closely.......FF is fairly cheap food....

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 10:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.