ProZinc now available at Costco for a good price

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Gator & H (GA), Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news.

ProZinc 10ml u40 insulin is now available at the Costco pharmacy for EDIT: $83. One does not need to be a Costco member to use the Costco pharmacy. Just tell the greeter at the door that you are "going to the pharmacy." I think this is great news for ProZinc users to have a potentially local place to buy at a good price.

I might have a better more exact update on the price tomorrow.

I will need to update the anticipated monthly cost spread sheet to reflect this great new pricing!!

Costco is now selling other pet specific meds too at great prices. For instance we just got Adaquan from Costco which is a pet specific med.

2. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: ProZinc now available at Costco for a great price

Wow, thanks for doing the research, I paid $130.00 at the vet.

3. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Wow! That is an awesome price! My vet sells it for $72 a bottle..... that just lets you know what kind of mark up most vets put on that insulin! :shock:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now, since i don't want to take tom to the vetty can anyone get a prescription???

5. Gator & H (GA)

Well, I was misinformed by about $10 - the final word is that it is $82 per 10ml vial. I'm unsure if the price may vary depending on the location. Ordering more than one might save a couple dollars - probably not any significant savings. I updated the previous post to reflect this price. Still a pretty good deal and nice to be able to have it available locally [other than their vet] to a large portion of people.

I was informed that it might take up to a few days to order and get to the store since their pet med distributor is different from their human meds distributor.

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

that is awesome retail price thanks for thinking of calling them. I had been told to check there for levemir, supposedly about $20 cheaper than I have found elsewhere. Now I need to find a Costco....

7. Gator & H (GA)

Don't forget that Costco also accepts the AAA Discount card/plan . Each cat and human must be signed up separately but can share the same "card." They also have their own Costco discount plan for the "uninsured" which most cats are. The AAA one is a little better though. However, these discount plans only work with human meds [so they should work with Lev :smile: ].

Here is the Costco Locator:
    http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/locator.aspx

Happy hunting!

8. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I priced it at my Costco today, it is $77.00. That's fifty dollars cheaper than my vet. They did say that it would take about 3 to 4 days to get it in and they do need a script. Great deal.

9. Gator & H (GA)

Thanks for sharing your pricing and availability report Robin. Someone in a Community just said that their Costco does not sell pet meds - not sure if they had verified this within the past couple months - this is a very new initiative for Costco. So I'm hoping pet meds really are available at all Costcos. I'll add your $ info to the PZI Sticky.

10. Gator & H (GA)

I just learned that the vet market initiative is an experiment in the Midwest area emanating out of the Chicago office. :cry: It's made a huge difference for our kitties in Indy.

So if you are a Costco member please take the time to write Costco and ask that the vet meds initiative be expanded to the entire US. Emphasize how important it is to not be beholden to vets that charge more than you can afford right now or don't even carry certain vet medications. And that insulin normally requires expensive shipping and how nice it is/would be to have a local resource for ProZinc if that's what you use.
    http://shop.costco.com/customer-service/contact-us
    They actually read every letter and very much do pay attention to their customer's input. One of the great things about Costco.

I have no idea when/if they plan to change this. So it's important to ask at your local Costco - get all the info you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.