11/27 Klinger AMPS 408 3.5u PMPS 447 3.5 u

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Marcy & Klinger (GA), Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

He ate 4 medallions over night and some of the FF. That was a lot of food for him.
    AMPS 408 3.5
    +3 396
    +5 398
    +7 439
    +9 468

I'm not liking these numbers. His numbers seem to be getting worse. Is there any chance that he's healed from the dental and now his numbers are cr*p because he's in rebound?
    Is that something we want to rule out?
    Just got home from work, so I'm not sure what I would say about his WCR. Yesterday he was doing pretty well except for the straining.
    I'll watch him and give the WCR later.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30681&p=318314#p318314

2. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/27 Klinger AMPS 408 3.5u

I don't like these numbers either. He hasn't seen a good day since this dose increase. Maybe we can go back over the last few weeks.

How many carbs are in the raw?

3. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Re: 11/27 Klinger AMPS 408 3.5u

From what I can tell...4% carbs.

4. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

PMPS 447 3.5u

Looking back at my ss, on 10/28 he gave me a 270 AMPS, I gave him 2.4 u - reduced dose because of the dental and I wasn't going to be home to test. He was 550 at PMPS and I gave him his full dose of 3.2.
    The next day he was 432, which on his sliding scale #3 was a 3.5 u and since I was home that day to test, I went with the 3.5u. He gave me four hours in the blue, but his PMPS were in the black.
    The following day and night I gave him 3.2 because I got nervous that he could drop with the dental and he got as low as 60 at +6. Since then, cruddy numbers.
    So, I feel that he's either rebounding or his body has grown resistent to these smaller .1 increases.
    I guess I'm not sure what "rebound" looks like. Does anyone have an example or ss that clearly shows rebound?
    Thoughts?

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Marcy,

I know I generally stay out of your sitch and I know what I'm about to say most likely runs against whatever reasoning you have going on. But I was looking at your SS and was feeling for you and thought I had to at least chime in. This last month has not been so hot. This is part where Nancy rushes and gives me the lowdown on why my normal thinking does not apply here. :D

If you go with my 5% increase increment rule between 3 and 4u would be .2u increments. And as you probably know that's every three cycles. I know you were doing SS so you could riff on that I guess.

How often is Klinger pooping?

Personally, I'm not seeing rebound but maybe others will have other opinions. Sorry I do not know of any SSs to show you. When I think of rebound I associate it with something like:
    +2 350
    +3 100
    +4 414

Or
    +6 70
    +7 45
    +8 300

6. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Thanks, Gator. You're more than welcome to post your thoughts. :smile:
    I think your line of thinking goes along with the day I increased him from 3.2 to 3.5 and he had blues. I can see that. We stopped doing the sliding scale after the dental. We really started it because Klinger would all of a sudden through me a <200 preshot and I never new what to shoot.
    Klinger poops at least twice a day. I try to catch him in the lb, but it doesn't always happen. I clean it every evening and there is always poop in the lb.

That is a helpful example. Thank you!

7. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

looking back it looks like you did a rebound test at 1u in August. I don't know exactly about how to do one, maybe Blue or Robin could help on that if you decide you want to try again.

I would maybe like to see 1 or 2 more increases before I would drop back. I was hoping we were close. Klinger was erratic (less so recently) but we did start to see action around 3.6u before, so would you consider a 3.7u dose tomorrow?

the rebound test will take time and testing, and I don't think there is much risk in pushing to 3.7, (and maybe then 4). If we don't see action by 4u, try another rebound test. If nothing else it will ease your mind.

When i asked about the wcr, I was curious about his mouth, his appetite, and any more P"itis symptoms. We gave him a quiet month to recover from the surgery. So I wondered if its time to start his weekly increases again. Now that you test at night, we are getting some daily info which should help.

8. Nancy and Cody

Gator,
    I just read your post after I posted mine and guess what?!! I agree! :D :lol: :lol:

9. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

At the beginning of this week, I wasn't sure if his appetite had decreased because I would try to feed him the raw and he wouldn't be into it and so I started to leave out a can of FF in the am and one in the pm along with the raw. He takes a few token licks of it, but I wouldn't say that he eats even a 1/4 of the can. BUT I also didn't know if he had just eaten from his free feed lifestyle. (Mrs. Claus wants to get him a Petsafe 5 for Christmas but Santa's not into it...YET ;-) )
    The last few days he always finishes the raw (especially the rabbit - that's his new fav). Now he eats 8 medallions - four in the day and four at night. For his girth, I mean size - the recommendation is for 6-8 medallions a day.
    His mouth looks great. Although food and his upper lip area get caught up briefly every so often.

10. Gator & H (GA)

The problem with rebound is that it is not always as simple as my example. They can drop then rebound faster than you may be testing. So in the first example it might look something like
    +2 350
    +3 300
    +4 414
    and then you are all confused_cat and in reality it might have been
    +2 350
    +3 300
    +3.5 100
    +4 414

If you are going to do rebound testing do read this TT topic as just another viewpoint on that issue:
    viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18955

Nancy,
    Really? Is is full moon? ;-) How long do you suggest she hold the increases? I think I'm the only one who likes short holds and it's an idea that probably more geared towards variable or scale.

11. Nancy and Cody

thats always been kind of the problem/question here- Darned old work gets in the way ohmygod_smile and she cant get data.

Personally I like 3-5 days of even dosing. Too much longer and you cant get ahead of it, too much shorter and I think previous lesser doses can still be influencing. I'm just really gun shy with him since he likes to surprise us. It's not something I like ever had to personnally deal with. Cody has been green like twice in his life I think :eek:

12. Nancy and Cody

BTW the Petsafe 5 was on sale at Petsmart, (about $15 off) yesterday. Maybe all weekend?

13. Gator & H (GA)

I've seen cats with wonky numbers from other issues going on like dental, infection, etc. I guess it put into my mind the question of do the other "stress-like" issues cause the numbers to go up or the sudden lower numbers? With all the work that's been done on Klinger to resolve other issues it kind of makes me wonder. My interpretation/assumption has been in the past that it [the stress-like issues] cause the spikes and not the dips but maybe that interpretation is wrong. Maybe I'm just thinking too much. :smile:

I kind of like like the way you put that - makes me think some more. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.