1/11/11 Tessie Lou AMPS 280 gave 1u

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tessielou, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tessielou

tessielou Member

What a weird morning (after being up til 3am again). Tess woke me up at 8am, wanting fed. Gave her the usual 2.5 oz but for the first time EVER, she walked away with 1.0 left on plate! It was a disaster trying to get blood this morning. Six sticks, 4 failed test strips, and 1/2 hour later, I got the 280 number. Then, she was mad, so she hid from me behind the piano. I gave her a 20 minute break and just got her insulin in her. Geez! Oh, and also yelled at DH who is now hiding in home office, not knowing what he did wrong. :YMSIGH: Can't decide whether to make coffee or go back to bed.

You can see on her SS that the low PMPS last night and subsequent 1/2 dose did not bring the number lower, but on the other hand, it didn't skyrocket through the night either. Weird. What does everyone think is going on now?

Trying to get control of diabetes is like trying to pluck a drop of oil out of a glass of water with your fingers.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Good analogy :D

In my humble opinion, I think you got okay numbers on the 1 unit (understand why you went lower with the dose overnight - overnight is always a little scary). I would like to see some more nadir numbers and a curve sometime soon, as Gator suggested. Getting the numbers close to 200 at preshot makes it more difficult to shoot as you are nervous, but his nadirs haven't gone down too low. As you get more data, you will feel more confident about what to shoot if you get a preshot near 200.

You are doing fine, trying to scoop out that oil!

3. KristenP&Sam

KristenP&Sam Member

I think you're on the right track too, just need some more test numbers as has been said to really see what's going on. You're doing an awesome job so far and that is such an apt analogy!

4. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I think your numbers look fine.

Take a deep breath slowely in through your nose and out through your mouth.

You're doing great.

5. tessielou

tessielou Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the reassurance. I will try to get a spot check in later this afternoon if I don't fall asleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.