New Prozinc User in Health..Needs Our Help!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Please read this thread....

The cat is on a high dose of Prozinc and has been increased at 1 to 2 unit increments. The vet is advising the owner, Brad, that he might should consider euthanizing the cat, Shadow.

Surely we can Help!

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=66165

2. BradB

BradB Member

Bump for help! If anyone can suggest a starting dose after removing dry food from the equation that would be great.

Thank you!

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to PZI, Brad. It's a smaller forum than Health but everyone here used or uses your insulin. When you have time, read through some of the other threads to see how people are doing.

I would suggest getting some blood glucose numbers before you change the food or the insulin amount. Once you see how the insulin is working, it will easier to figure how to change the dose.

One thing that really helped us hometest was to warm the ear. You can fill a pill bottle with hot water and hold it next to Shadow's ear for a minute or two.

4. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

Since Shadow is already on insulin I would slowly transition the dry to completely canned. Also, because you don't have much data you dont know how his body will react. You don't want him to drop to fast & cause a hypo situtation. You have to be careful when you remove the dry. This is where hometesting is a important role. I also would start a new thread here asking about dosing.

You have the info to start a SS right? Get that going. Start home testing before you feed Shadow at each meal. I would also start feeding on a 12/12 schedule. Some members feed 4 small meals. You feed at the time frames that work into your schedule.

So good to see you here. We are going to help you have Shadow in your life for more moments together.

:YMHUG:

5. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Hi Brad and welcome
    How is your kitty doing today?
    Have you been able to test at all

6. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

Welcome to PZIville! :D

How are things going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.