CORRECTION!!!: Wild Calling!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ann & Tess GA, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

A couple of us in the Lantus forum have been in contact w/ Wild Calling! All Carb numbers are below 10%, most lower and Phosphorus numbers are nice and low too, for those whose cats are also CKD.

Here's a SS we did. Wild Calling!

I made a mistake in reading the chart Wild Calling sent and the Phos numbers aren't as good as we thought, most not horrible, but not really low. I've changed the chart to reflect the correction.

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Re: new food: Wild Calling!

Thank you Ann and other folks over in the Lantus TR forum! I've added a link to that chart you did so I have it in my list of resources to pass along to other folks.

Your efforts to get these values from the manufacturer is much appreciated.

3. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

That's good to know since I have several cans of it and two kitties who need low pho. I will try it on them. My civvies and sugar did not like it but my sick girls just might.

Thanks for the info.

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Mariko , is right, I made a mistake in reading the chart the company sent. Glad that she caught it. I thought he chart got had both As Fed and Dry Matter listings, although the way they named them was weird.

I went back over the original chart and from the header what looked like a listing of DM values on the second sheet, is I think really As Fed values, not Dry Matter as I originally thought. I've corrected the chart I put up and I'll make notes where I posted on the board.

Sorry for the Goof up. Tess is going to be disappointed, she really liked them! At least the chicken isn't too bad, still under 250.

The phosphorus levels are quite a bit higher than my original calculations. The carbs are still OK according to the % of calories from Carbs on the WC chart, line 23. the second set of carb % numbers is running fhe As Fed numbers from the WC chart through the calculations that Dr. Lisa gives :
    • Buffalo … 484.46 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 7.8% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………7.5% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula
      Pheasant…264.38 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 0% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………-0.5% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula
      Chicken … 217.53 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 4.8% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………4.6% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula
      Beef … … 253.67 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 1% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………1.0% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula
      Salmon … 275.10 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 0.3% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………0.3% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula
      Duck … … 327.36 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 1.1% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………1.1% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula
      Rabbit … 286.21 mg Phos/100 kcal … … … 0.1% carbs (from line 23, copied form WC's chart) ………0.1% carbs from Dr. Lisa's formula

5. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Phew!!! I have the chicken and it has acceptable pho level

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.