12/15 Mannie - new labs, elevated CPK levels

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I have had new labs done on Mannie. The results seem fairly normal for him however his CPK level was listed as High. The vet that reviewed his results did not seem concerned. as background info: Mannie has gone to the vet to have a lump looked at. They did an aspiration of the site. He also received a vaccine that I somehow overlooked when he received the others in August. lab values are posted in the link below my signature.

Does anyone have any information on CPK values - should I be concerned? I know so little on some of this stuff...

Thanks!

2. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

What was the CPK level and what is the normal range? The CPK can be mildly elevated for benign reasons.

ETA:
    Sorry I didnt' tab through. That is nothing to worry about. It can be elevated just from the handling to get the blood drawn.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Thanks Jess for the quick response - much appreciated!

4. Putter

Putter New Member

Hi there, elevated CPK levels show muscle wasteing, has your cat been losing weight? The CPK levels can also show high when there has been damage done to muscles due to trauma. Hope this helps.

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi - and thanks for your response. He has lost some weight, a few ounces, but nothing of any major significance. He is a little overweight so I was actually glad to see him down a little since his last weight in 6 months ago. And as far as I know, no recent trauma. The only trauma he's been through was on 9/13 when I had to take him to the vet when he had ripped out one of his claws after being chased up a tree by a dog. Other than that - nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.