Thank you for a wonderful 365 days here!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nancy and Cody, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Well it been an amazing year- 2010....
    and it started 365 days ago- with me on my brand new macbook- finally starting to research the disease that had plagued my sweet boy for 2 1/2 years. and I found this wonderful place. At the time, little did I know that 13u of Vetsulin would create "a stir" and get me shuffled off to the high dose forum, and of course the good folks on PZi who gave moral support and advice- THANK YOU!

So, we came here a mess, and today I can say that things are much more stable, happy, and yes REGULATED- as well as an acrocat can be regulated. Wow-when I think back- it is absolutely amazing how much I've learned here.... and how much support, prayers, and guidance I've received. Cody Thanks YOU! It's taken daily commitment, and perseverance, but here we are.

Thank you to all the wonderful caring people who make up this wonderful place, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :RAHCAT

And, because he is FINALLY so stable-

next week my super-duper DD is taking my sweet boys back to (nursing) school with her. I will miss them terribly (all 3), but also I'm kind of excited that for the first time in 3 1/2 years, I will be able to leave Cody and go on a real vacation with DH.... we're going to Phoenix to cheer on the future National Champs WAR EAGLE! Go AUBURN :thumbup (my apologies to those of you from Oregon :oops: )

and after that- maybe I'll do some other much deserved retirement traveling, and then steal back my baby boys :cool: :D Cody actually belongs to DD-and LOVES her. Tenderfoot however, is a huge mommas boy- keep him in your thoughts the next 2 weeks.

Everyone STAY SAFE and HERE'S to another good year- paying it forward - and helping each other :D :YMHUG: :YMPEACE: (where'd the beer smiley go??? :lol: )

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you too Nancy, and congrats on such a successful ride! You have brought a ton to the PZI forum & hopefully will continue to do so!

Best wishes for an awesome 2011! drinking24

3. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Nancy. drinking24
    Wishing you all the best in 2011.
    Have a wonderful and well deserved vacation.

4. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Nancy! Thanks for making this an even better place. Enjoy your well earned vacation! See you in 2011. dancing_cat ( WHere did you guys get those Toasting and drinking smilies?)

5. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

It sounds like 2010 has treated you relatively well! That's wonderful!! And you get a vacation (well-deserved, I'm sure). Here's to an even better 2011!

6. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for all of the help and support you have given to PZI.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation.

Little did I know that one of the most terrifying and stressful days of my life, Harley's dx, would also give me this wonderful, loving, supportive community.

Happy New Year.

7. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Awesome folks here, for sure! I hope all the newbies get a chance to read your post and realize we have all been there!!!

8. Jane & Boo (GA)

Jane & Boo (GA) Member

Nancy.... I owe a huge "thank you" to you. You tuned in to Silverado's potential acro condition early on and then provided great advise for getting him tested. You are a valuable resource to the FDMB community. I hope you will continue to share your knowledge. Happy New Year.

Jane & Silverado

9. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear Cody is doing well!

I hope your DD knows she can come here and continues to provides updates for him.

Great job getting him stable.

10. Nancy and Cody

Thanks everybody!
    So now its down to the list making and packing, and man do they have a LOT of stuff- holy cow. I have to admit I'm nervous- how do you teach anybody all the "what ifs". well, heres me taking a deep deep breath...

And Tenderfoot is still losing weight and is down to 9 lbs, so today I took him to our vet to ask about an appy stimulant. She put him on cyprohepadine ( sp?) I gave him 1/2 tab and he's been eating like a horse :D
    His thyroid test always comes back normal, but today we ran a thyroid panel ($120) so we'll know in a few days...
    quick CBC looked normal.
    Well they are getting older- he's just such an affectionate sweet boy

11. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Tenderfoot is eating.

12. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year!

So glad to hear you are getting a well deserved break and Cody will be in very capable and caring hands. DD is really doing a great thing for mom. :smile:

13. Nancy and Cody

Were home finally and diabetic acro kitty Cody was happy as a clam and looks great, but Tenderfoot is very very sick again. His vet told me she loves him and would try anything to save him, but that this time he may be too weak to fight.

His eyes are distant like he's already giving up. I brought him home so Chris could say goodbye. He's been losing weight and we've suspected cancer for some time. Xrays show liver/abdominal masses, WBC are very high, and his muscles are wasting. Jenny (DD) has done a heroic job of keeping him alive this past 2 weeks until he could come home...were trying fluids, baby food, and injectable baytril to see if he has one more rally, but I can tell he's not himself anymore- what id give to hear his sweet rumble on my pillow one more night.

14. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Nancy.
    I am so sorry to hear that Tenderfoot is so sick. I'm sure your DD took wonderful care of them both and maybe he's just been waiting for you to come home to rally.
    Keeping you and ((((Tenderfoot)))) in my thoughts.
    Marcy

15. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Nancy, I am so sorry to hear this about Tenderfoot. I know we say the same things each time a kitty may be going to leave, but the words are still heartfelt. I always think of the kitties who don't have loving homes and who are not well cared for, and then I think about kitties like Tenderfoot who have been so well loved . I know he has appreciated every moment you have given him and every night on your pillow. Even if he leaves your home, he will still be living in your heart forever.

16. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your Tenderfoot. You guys are in my thoughts.

17. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

Nancy- I'm very sorry to hear about Tenderfoot. You are a truly remarkable mama and I know he trusts you to do what is best for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.