Update--Tawny is Eating!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Venita, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Tawny is a dear Maine Coon mix that has been bouncing around the DCIN system for about 18 months. This is her DCIN blog page.

[​IMG]

Tawny is in DKA. This is the Lantus ISG thread.

Desi (and Tinkerbelle) fostered Tawny during the last part of 2010, and at the beginning of this year agreed that Tawny is in her furever home. Tawny's BG levels are low, so it's a mystery why she is DKA.

Please stop by the Lantus thread and give Desi some comfort and support. Those who know Desi will understand why she needs our support. We need Tawny healthy and back home.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Re: Tawny is DKA

Bumping this up.......Tawny needs our help.

4. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Donation sent, bumping this up.

Pattie

5. RoysMum

RoysMum Member

Donation sent...Miss Phoebe explained to me why these "Chip-Ins" are so important. Let's all hope that Tawny gets the medical attention needed and has a speedy recovery.

:)

6. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Thank you, all of you, for all of your love, support, caring, prayers and donations if you are able.

It brings me to tears.

Desi

Check on Tawny at the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center's (LVRC) FB page: http://www.facebook.com/LAVRC?sk=wall; her DCIN blog: http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2010/05/ta ... le-la.html & on LL: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56057

Sorry sometimes my links don't work, never have quite got the hang of this new board (see what an old timer I am?).

Desi

7. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

done
    bump

8. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Wish we could do more but money is tight with winter coming on...but we will have all 20 fingers, 20 toes, and 56 paws crossed that Tawny will make a complete and speedy recovery.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

9. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

10. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Tawny is getting her regular dose of Lantus Tonite!!

Tawny will be getting her regular dose of 1.0u of Lantus tonight since she did so well today!

Dr. Hebert reported about 1/2 hr ago that Tawny "nibbled all day" and will be getting her regular 1.0u dose of Lantus this evening!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

They will be monitoring her overnight of course.

Thank you LLEF for your support, contributory & otherwise, and DCIN for yours, and FDMB for yours, and LVRC for their stellar care of and caring for Tawny, I believe she has truly touched the hearts of everyone there, too! As usual, Desi, Tinkerbell, Tawny, et al are once again eternally grateful for the support and caring of everyone.

I get to visit her in the morning!

YAY!

Desi

11. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Eating is GOOD! Soooo glad to hear she is doing better!

Hugs and "keep eating" prayers on the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.