Consumer Reports BG Meter Ratings (as of 9/17/12)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barn Cats R Us, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barn Cats R Us

Barn Cats R Us Member

This CR review differs from the Consumer Reports sticky (from the Oct. 2011 review). Change is always in the works, and this is the most recent data I could locate. However, CR employees aren’t the only folks testing BG meters. FDMB members “test” various meters all day, every day. We always say, “there’s a wealth of knowledge here”. Feel free to comment on your personal experience regarding any of the 21 specific models that CR tested & reviewed. If you had problems with a specific meter, it would be helpful to state how many months (or years) ago. If it was years ago, those problems may no longer exist with that particular model.

The G-Docs SS is practically impossible to view. With the headings locked, you're only able to view a few lines at a time. I've added photo attachments below...but when I click on them, they are too huge for my screen. You can print the G-Docs SS, but it seems the best way to view the data is to click on a photo attachment and print it.

September 2012 CR BG Meter Ratings (Link to Google Docs)

If you want to print the photo attachments, you’ll have to play around with your print settings. On my computer, this is how I adjusted my settings, so that the attachments would fit to one page each:

1. Click on the first photo attachment
    2. Go to “Print Preview”
    3. Click on “Landscape”
    4. Change size to 50% & click “Print”
    5. Repeat for second photo attachment

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.