Our first "blue" BG - woo hoo!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise & Honey, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

So exited - I know we're still in the ups and downs but its so nice to see a blue.
    She's relaxing outside in the sun and seems happy - other days she's just been hiding under a bush.

Her back legs still seem wobbly but I guess the muscle wasting will take some time to regenerate.
    Also, her fur is coming out - not patchy, just lots of loose hair (its not the dander).

2. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Blues are very soothing numbers, indeed. Nice work! It takes a little bit of time for kitties to start looking real healthy, but looks like Honey is on her way! Let's hope she stays blue and finds her way to greens soon!

3. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Hi Denise-
    So excited for your first BLUE. Gotta love it. Way to go Honey. Keep up the good work and let the juice do its job.

Here's your previous condo so we can keep all your information together. :smile: Previous Condo

Hope you are having a good evening.
    Karen

4. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

Feeling a bit better about testing - this evening's poke went well.
    I find that the most stressful thing about this.

I will be out on Saturday for the whole day - probably back about 2 hours after her insulin shot is due.
    Should I try to gradually push out the time of the shot for the next 2 days to make up the time?

5. tinabetta

tinabetta Member

I am kind new to testing myself and I did a lot of online research, watched Youtube videos and got a lot of advice and I can say the easiest way to go about it is to be as quick and clinical as you can be. If you are not 100% ready to go and you take too long to do the deed they will figure out what is up and you will have to chase them all over the house! I get the meter and lancet ready, I have rigged my lancet tool to merely hold the needle, not to 'shoot it". The springing noise wigs Lee out and the ear is so thin you don't have to poke hard to get results. I lay out my stuff somewhere there is good light, grab him up for a snuggle concentrating on the ears and basically squat on top of him so his head is between my knees. He can't twist or turn or run off, his ears are right there and accessible. Stroke the ear, give it a quick jab and swap the lancet for the meter and there you go. Quick and virtually painless and I always congratulate him on his good numbers and feed him right away.
    Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.