AMPS 74 - Do I even dose this morning?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lovetheduns, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

I hate to cross post (I also have this in the PZI forum, but in case someone else is in here versus there)

Hi there

So I have finally updated the spreadsheet and DoDo's profile. I did lose the paper I was writing everything on before I bought my iPhone app on May 6th so I do not have anything from May 4 until the evening of May 6. Put it this way we never got lower than 220s before.

So this morning, I go into test and he is all honky dory and sprightly before breakfast. He is at 74!

However, even last night when I did a check at 5 hours he was nowhere even close to being even in the 100s.

I am about to head out to my grandmother's for Mother's Day and I feel I should pass on any dosing, but I am wow'ed that the 2 units put him down so low-- but way past what I thought the nadir would have been. My mother said he woke her up at 4:00am this morning (only about 2 hours after I did the last test) being all cuddly and snuggly wanting attention and play.

Thanks!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms even if you are like me and just have four legged babies.

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

nope, you can't dose that.

if you were gonna be around for a bit you could test in half an hour or something like that and shoot when the number gets high enough(over 200 i'd say), assuming your evening schedule is flexible too.

if you have to go or your schedule this evening doesn't have any play in it, then off you go

fwiw, the 74 is most likely not his nadir. it's possible he was lower earlier in the night, like when he was trying to get your mom's attention. another fwiw, any time they do something like that, grab the meter and test because they might be trying to tell you something.

and last but not least, going up in dose as fast as you are might be looking for some trouble ok? so stay on top of that testing. it could save kitty's life.

3. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

Hi Cindy:

I wont be dosing this morning--- I checked about ten minutes ago and he is at 97.

Is it possible that a nadir for some cats could be much later in the 12 hours?

This entire past week, I have seen nothing even remotely close to a nadir-- the doc had originally said 1unit in the morning and evening, and I admit to not giving the full unit in the morning since no one could be home with him-- until the past few days.

My mom did not think anything of him snuggling and getting up-- he would usually do that anyhow except when he got ill. He is the early riser and does one of few things around that time of the morning 1. gets up and tears up toilet paper, 2. gets up and knocks over the trash can, 3. gets up and sits on my moms chest and licks her chin.

So-- when he got up all spry this morning she figured he was feeling really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.