8/8: Cedric amps/ambg 61, pmps 357

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by doombuggy, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

With this number, I didn't give him anything. This was at 6am. Will re-check at 7am before i leave for work....
    Maybe the raise from 2 to 2.5 was too much?

2. doombuggy

Re: 8/8: Cedric amps/ambg 61

at 7am (+1) he was 139 so I gave him about 0.5 before leaving the house for work.

3. cjleo

cjleo Member

Oops, guess I would take him back to the 2.00 and see if he stabilizes there. Sorry, but if you looked at his mid-cycle the other day and his other tests, he could have supported the 2.50 increase.

Leave it to Cedric to not read the rules.

Sorry it scared you.

Claudia

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Yeah, they do that.

Any appetite issues? Vomiting or diarrhea? Those often affect the glucose levels, too. They made using Lantus with Spitzer a nightmare due to the inconsistency which does not work well with Lantus!

5. doombuggy

Nervous Nelly here. Yes, he bounced. After his incident - they are calling it DKA but he didn't have high numbers to support that - I am so scared. Gone are the days when he could go to work with me....

Message to doc:
    rasied his dose from 2 to 2.5 yesterday. This am he was 61, +1 he was 139 and I gave him 0.5.

Doc says: that (the 1/2 unit raise) may have been a little too much (and he's always wanting me to go up in halves!). If his BG is 100-200 range or high, give him 2.25 tonight & tomorrow. If he is eating well and the Bg is in the 50-100 range you should either reduce the dose by just 0.25 or 0.5 or feed, retest and if the glucose is up give normal dose. In this instance I might have been a little more cautious since you had just raised the dose (maybe given him 1.5 or 1.75) but 0.5 is low enough that he is likely going to have some rebound issues. You are doing great though. [he has told me no other client tests as much as I do...he means that as a complement I think-lol]

6. morrieb1

morrieb1 Member

I am impressed with your vet - it sounds like he knows quite a bit about feline diabetes and is willing to work with you which is great. I just hopped on to make sure you don't beat yourself up about shooting small and getting that bounce. It will clear and no harm done. Even if my vet said it was OK there is no way I'd be shooting below 100 and then going to work....even on the TR board I can't recall seeing anyone doing that without being available to monitor afterwards. I think there's always a balance between "protocol" and what you are comfortable with based on your own cat and your own experiences. You are doing an incredible job and Cedric is very lucky to have you....

EM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.