2/24 Moses PMPS 370 Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10020

Alright! A full day ahead! And a great curve ahead too! Oh yes, Sienne & Gabby, I will be getting some much needed data today :mrgreen: I appreciate your honesty.

All the insulin has be shot inside the cat :mrgreen: So we should get some great data.

By the way, Moses has been eating constantly. It's still the same amount, but he's finishing all of it (usually he leaves 1/4). And he eats for a while, at serving time, and snacks constantly throughout the day. Maybe an appetite increase b/c of all the major drops? We'll find out today!

2. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 2/24 Moses AMPS 365 +3~196 +5~152 +6.5~168

Alright, peak time :mrgreen:

The shower took a little longer than expected... how I wanted to get a perfect +6 to make a perfect curve. But it's okay... this data will still work. I don't want to skew it ;-)

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 2/24 Moses AMPS 365 +3~196 +5~152 +6.5~168

Nice blues today on your curve and you are getting some really helpful info. Good work.
    Moses sounds like he's a happy kitty, chasing a bunny the other day. Cute! :D

4. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 2/24 Moses AMPS 365 +3~196 +5~152 +6.5~168 +7~208 Question

He is a happy boy. He perked right up and started to go after that bunny. I had to clap b/c I didn't want him to dive under the fence after him, but it was nice seeing him so courageous. Usually he acts the opposite... although the squirrelys at our old apartment were quite mean and nasty. :lol:

With his nice blue cycle rounding out, I have to ask this question b/c Roni and Moonie made a great suggestion.

*Question - Is this curve reliable enough to give Moses a dose increase? I know there has been some recent history of furshots and today's the first day in 10 days to really get a daytime cycle. It'll be interesting to see what his +9 will look like. B/c if that follows the pattern of the last 2/3 days, there could be some regularity.

And if he does earn an increase, my next off day is Saturday which would be a good day to begin and monitor an increase. Yet with Saturday plans, I won't be as thorough with the testing as I am today. Is that a problem?

5. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 2/24 Moses AMPS 365 +3~196 +5~152 +6.5~168 +7~208 +9~308

bump :mrgreen:

6. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Any input about a potential dose increase based on today's numbers?

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, those were pretty blues today Erica....don't know about increasing until we hear from some others...don't know what to tell you kiddo. But, HUGS to you both....good to get all those checks in today.
    Been playing at all outside with Moses? Or was it all business today ;-)

8. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

It was all business today. Good to hear from you, Pat & Raja & Shadow.

Sorry that Moses and I have been to preoccupied to come to your latest and greatest parties.

Maybe with a dose increase, he can come out to play more often cause right now he's just a sugar daddy. ;-)

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

here's my take on Moses' dose:

I can see why you want to increase. I'm sure I would want to also, if he were mine. I'm a little hesitant to recommend a dose increase, though, because the data suggests that Moses could be getting some lower numbers. He had a 66 a few days ago, and he has had some 200 point drops. Last night he probably was green.

If his nadirs are in the 80's, or even mid-70's, I'm ok with increasing. If his nadirs are in the 50's or 60's, I'm not. We really can't tell for sure.

I'm ok with you increasing Moses dose to 1.25 *if* you'll get more spot checks (and especially when he's yellow at night, because those look like the cycles where he goes green). It's time to learn to do sleep tests sometimes, ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.