8/6 Tomcat AMPS 93, +2=61, +6=107 PMPS 88, +4=58 dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=101441

Evening everyone:

Well, I am in new territory here......I have never HELD a dose before. I think I am supposed to hold this dose until.......we go below 50 (reduce) or ..??????? when do I increase?

I have only been on my way up ......or on my way down......don't quite know what to do now????

Tom is currently on his 7th cycle of his new reduced dose. His cycles are nice, I think? :?: :?: but are these healing numbers or am I losing momentum and need to increase or at least fatten the dose up a little?

Perhaps I didn't hold the 2.75 dose long enough....but given his 20's.....it wasn't safe to do so.

what do you all think? hold...or fatten?

I have no idea what happened in his AM cycle...he went from 56 to 114 in an hour...with no food!!??? but there was a thunderstorm going on......maybe that was it?

I can't believe I didn't even think about feeding that 56 either! I am getting better!

*********So thankful that Jupiter was finally seen by a different vet!!! Poor dude anyway......stay away from that bandage!! At least he still has his mischievous spirit....I think that is a plus!!
    ;-)

and lastly, peace to Ann in this sorrow filled time, your tribute to your love Maggie was so special and lovely.....your words said it all......you will meet again

safe and healing night to all

~kelly

2. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

Alexis & Nikki (GA) Member

Wow, Tom's looking amazing! I'm no expert, but I'd say hold the dose until he goes below 50. :mrgreen:

3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Air traffic control here. Please maintain your holding pattern at the blue/green inner marker.

If you hit below 50, you are cleared to reduce.

If you maintain this wonderful holding pattern for a week, you are cleared to reduce.

Air traffic control over and out. ;-)

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You are right on target. With all the green, you want to hold the dose.

However, Deb's information is not entirely correct. If numbers are in a normal range and largely below 100 for a week, you then reduce. However, you have some numbers that are over the 120 end of the normal range. Once Tomcat is below 120 but mostly in green numbers, then you can decrease after a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.