3/25 Jen's Oreo AMPS~346, +1~449

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jen and Oreo (GA), Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Sigh... I just don't know what to do or what is going on confused_cat . Just when I think she is "calming down" I get numbers like this again. I suppose it could be rebound, but the readings I got last night just don't point to that.

Previous Condo

WCR: I guess this is the part I need to remember. She is happy and feeling pretty good, even with these numbers.

Like many of you, I don't like seeing her on this roller coaster. I want her numbers stable, not all over the place. I'm sure it feels odd to her. Anyone have any ideas (dose increase/decrease, trash the lantus and start the lev - would need starting dose, ???) let me know. I'm frustrated and not real happy with these numbers lately.

Happy Friday-eve LL.

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

awwww. (((oreo))) (((jen)))

try changing shot site? i can't say what did it for us, we made several changes around the same time, but one was changing her shot site in case she was pulling a cagney on us (cagney has sections closed for repairs). 3/5 PM was when we switched to flank shots (also the day we started denosyl, and we had started increasing squids the night before) and everything seemed to fall in place very quickly after that. we've done a couple of dose shaves since - the second one may not be holding, we'll have to see - but if you've been giving shots in the same site, worth a try, no?

3. Jen and Oreo (GA)

I switch between left and right am/pm and vary the site within about a 2 inch area. I could try moving more toward the rear a bit and see if that helps.

She has been growling and wrinkling her skin during shots lately. Not sure if that may indicate something or not.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

How are the 5 Ps? Any chance there's an infection brewing? Pre-dental labs were good. Was there anything significant found during the dental that would have called for ABs that Oreo didn't get? (Sorry - I just don't remember the outcome of the dental.) Could you have a bad insulin cartridge? Or, give a new shot site a try like CF suggested. This has got to be frustrating.

Maybe the Lantus is stinging. Some cats have that reaction. It might be worth considering switching to Levemir if the insulin is stinging.

5. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Going to try to reply inline :smile:

I'll need some dose help before switching over to Lev. I think I need to give a bit less. I have the Lev and am ready to go. Right now she is on 1.5U Lantus. I think I need to go to 1U with the Lev (a hair over a 30% drop), but I'm not sure.

Thanks Choy-Foong and Sienne. I'm just frustrated and a bit upset with the numbahs lately.

6. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

i understand the frustration. we were there too, less than a month ago.

could clinda be raising her? sorry, not looking at ss. i know baytril does it for some (not all) kitties.

and an ooopsie: we changed her shot site 3/5 AM, not PM. it was with a pink AMPS, the last pink in our ss since *ANTIJINX*. by PMPS she was down to a nice level, and we've tried not to look back since. (of course it could have been anything non-shot site related too, i don't think we'll ever know).

7. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Jen - what a good idea on your ss -- having the most recent date at the top of the template rather than at the end. Think I'll adopt that format too. Hope your kitty settles down soon. I'll be switching to Lantus pretty soon & the whole maneuver makes me apprehensive. So muc to learn & be aware of. Good luck to you.

Susan

8. Jen and Oreo (GA)

It could be the Clinda, although she was on it right before the dental and got some blues and a green or two then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.