3/27 Tugger PMPS 136 +2 124 +4 86 +5.5 63 +11 60

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10271

Well, looks like he got tired of hanging out under 150. D, maybe you should have a chat with him ;) he listened to you yesterday :lol:

He'd been sleeping since his breffis but he came lumbering out just in time for his AMPS =) Seems to be feeling just fine, it's too early for playfulness but he's watching birds in the window right now.

How would you suggest I go about adjusting his schedule backwards just a touch? I'd like to have him set up by Easter Sunday to have his shot at 7:30. I'll be away from the house all day at least and I'd like to get a +2 before we leave so I have some idea of what he'll be doing and I'll know if I need to have the petsitter check him when she comes to deal with Boomer's potty breaks and walks. MIL was hoping we could spend the night down there, but I'm just not comfortable leaving Tugger all alone for a day and night right now so the plan is to be home in time for his evening shot.

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Tugger AMPS 156

Perfect time to move shot up a bit.
    Tell me how much time he needs to move up and we can work out a plan.
    The early shot might help bring his range down a tad.
    Considering you have MIL and stuff going on -- this BG 156 is good. Tugger deals with just about anything so he's not a cat I worry about walking out the door on.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I suspect if you re-tested Tugger you might have gotten a number under 150. A 156 is pretty darn close!! Tugger is doing wonderfully.

4. Marvie and Tugger

We're currently doing shots at 8:50 give or take five minutes. So just a bit over an hour of adjustments and a week to do it in. (This is something else I've learned here, there were a few times in those early days when his shot was half hour late or early because I didn't realize that could make a difference.)

I wasn't too unhappy with his AM number, like you said, with the inlaws coming I really didn't need him deciding to throw me double digits this morning. Later, I won't mind, but I just don't want to have to spend the whole visit testing him every 15 minutes. Selfishly, I'd much rather spend that time playing with the new toy FIL is bringing me :D When we visited at Christmas I talked him into building me a yarn swift and he's bringing it to me today :dizcat Just in time for me to get used to it before I go to Yarn Nirvana in May (aka Maryland Sheep and Wool) where I plan to spend as much of hubby's monies as I can on lovely wool and alpaca yarnz. flip_cat

So Tugger, pay attention please, no big dips this cycle. Mama wants to play with her new toy. Which is sort of like a new toy for y'all since it means I'll be playing with the fun sticks and string you all love so much. So be a good boy today and let's just enjoy Grandma and Grandpa's visit.

5. D and Noisy

Too cute. I love reading your posts.

You have tons of time to move him up. Move him up 15 minutes tonight (numbers providing). Next move up to be determined. We might use the move ups to our advantage -- like if he was BG 180 or something at +11.5 then shoot half an hour early. Just have to wait until the end of each cycle to see.

6. Marvie and Tugger

OK, that sounds good. What I will probably do then, is test him a few minutes early each time, so if I need help making the decision or approval before I feel comfortable doing it, I'll have time to wait for a response. I feel a bit like a baby, needing all of this hand holding lol. I just so want to do this correctly now. I can see such a huge difference in my boy since I've had all this support. He's doing things he hasn't done in months and months =) Hopefully I can learn and eventually I'll be able to help hold some hands someday!

Going to go do some cleaning touch-ups and wake the bratboy up. I'll be back with the +2 =)

7. D and Noisy

It's not a need for hand holding and you are certainly no baby. The support from us comes from watching hundreds of cats and learning so we can help others. I couldn't have done, what I did with Noisy, without this Board.

8. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/27 Tugger AMPS 156 +2 139 +6 64

Well, I think he might have dipped and I missed it. I was just about to get a +3 when the IL's rang the doorbell and he hightailed it for the back 40. He didn't come back out to say hi while they were here and then I ran out the instant they left and didn't get the +5 before I left. I'm pretty sure he'll start going back up now but I'll check him again in a bit and at +10 to see how he's doing. He must have known I didn't really want to leave the house again today ;) I'm supposed to go to a friend's house for a while but I'm kind of really not in the mood so I'm thinking I'll call her back and tell her I have to watch the cat.

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL laughing at your posts Marvie, I have another cat Sabrina who hightails it out of the room when anyone comes but Scrabble is the opposite, he loves attention and people! Don't worry about not getting another test, look how good he is doing @ +6!! Awesome! Hope the shot changing time works out for you! Have a great day!

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I think you could bribe Tugger; just promise to make Tugger a fancy felted cat bed and you may have a more compliant kitty. When you go for the wool be sure to get enough that is in Tugger's favorite colors!

11. Marvie and Tugger

I smell a knitter! :D

Tugger, being very catlike and not very doglike, would of course only ignore the fancy felted cat bed and sleep on a plastic grocery bag or a piece of paper.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/27 Tugger AMPS 156 +2 139 +6 64 +10 114

Tugger is doing so well, I'm impressed that the big dose reduction has held!

When my doorbell rings, I have to find something to hold onto, because one goes flying up the stairs to hide, one goes flying toward the door to say hello, and one flies toward the downstairs bedroom so she can hang out in the doorway til she sees who it is.

13. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/27 Tugger PMPS 136

I took his reading a few minutes early, if we shoot 15 mins earlier than this morning shoot time will be ten mins from post time.

Give his usual 2u?

14. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/27 Tugger PMPS 136 +2 124

I gave him 2u at 8:35pm. Saw him chasing the kitten earlier :shock: It was kind of awesome. Usually he'll pound on Echo but can't be bothered to get up and really put any effort into it. Echo was feeling frisky and I guess Tugger was too because I saw Echo haul butt up the hallway and a full second behind him gallops Tugger. They went into the kitchen and wrestled a bit, then they broke for snacks. :lol:

15. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/27 Tugger PMPS 136 +2 124 +4 86

Coming down a bit, I was typing that he didn't seem hungry but now I hear him in there lapping at the food. I added some hot water to it when I stirred it up, I figure who wants to eat cold food on a chilly night? I craved soup myself ;)

Will check him again in an hour.

16. Marvie and Tugger

I am being stalked by all five cats. Breffis is not for another hour. The choir is warming up their voices. I'm seriously considering locking myself in the bathroom for that hour :lol: I'll be back in an hour to open today's condo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.