3/31 SCRABBLE PMPS 90 +4 71 med advice for vet?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10601
    Morning all, Scrabble is exhausted from the party last night, he must have had a few catini's because he was quite hungry when I got home!! Scrabble had a weird cycle last night, maybe the full moon? DH tested at +5 and I made him test again at +6 and his numbers were extremely flat. Who knows maybe the moon had an effect, I will be curious what today will bring. Today is day 7 on this dose!!!

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE AMPS 108

Hi Michelle,
    Wow, Maggie and Scrabble have almost the same BG. So does Scrabble have a kitover/hangover? :eek:

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE AMPS 108 +2 86

+2 86 btb will test in 2 hours, yeah think Scrabble has a little hangover! :D

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Well, it's a long trip from the East Coast back to the West! He might have moonbeam lag! Stu reported that Scrabble was whooping it up at the party!

Ella & Stu

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Michelle, what gorgeous numbers :smile:
    Scrabble's showing you his appreciation for getting to go to the party. :smile:

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Scrabble is looking positively wonderful this morning!

I think that party must have been a wild one, with the full moon and all! I know my kitties are probably snoozing their morning/afternoon away while grammiebean and I are at work.

7. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE AMPS 108 +2 86 +4 65

+4 65 glad all the party action last night didn't effect his numbers today, lol! glad to see a green surf!

8. Sherry & Squirt (GA)

Sherry & Squirt (GA) Member

Wow !! I had to read that twice. I can't believe you got dh to test :eek: Nice job :)
    Sherry

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Hey Sherry, Yeah hubby is on hiatus from filming so I told him it would help me out a lot if he would get one test a night and he has been pretty good with it, he was the one who tested him at 31 last week when I almost fainted! Hahaha!

10. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Awesome numbers today. You are hankering for a dosecrease, I know. He's definately getting close. Nothing but pretty blues and greens for awhile. And no super freaky, scary numbers like the 31 a week ago. Thank goodness for that! Climbing down the ladder is great...Panic, not so much.
    He's on his way for sure!

B&H

11. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Thanks Betty, yes I am hoping to get a dosecrease tomorrow (paws crossed) antijinx antijinx!!!!! I am glad he is not giving me heartattacks like a couple of weeks ago when he just kept dropping! Thanks for stopping by!

12. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+5.5 71 looking good!!! Scrabble's sore seems to be doing better, I have been pretty good about keeping him distacted from licking it when I am here and he seems to be less interested in it.

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle
    Another beautiful day for Scrabble.
    I think Max and Scrabble put some plans in place At Shadow's yesterday
    so that maybe they can have their party together.
    (antijinx!!!)

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Doing well on all counts!! Sore is better and those numbers look amazing!!!! Things are really shapin g up well there for Scrabble!!
    OH HAPPY DAY :D :D :D - Hope this trend continues and he gets better & better--
    He is no less than perfect after such partying(Moonie told me!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+8.5 74 yay! Glad he is staying green after the big party last night!! I really am beginning to think his numbers last night were effected by the moon, weird, I don't know, I mean 116 is not high but weird for him !! Still wondering if we should try a dosecrease for tomorrow since he has averaged green for 7 days???

16. bettyandhank

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE AMPS 108 +2 86 +4 65 +8.5 74

Gorgeous! +8.5 i don't know what the rules are for averages..but then for sure I'm no expert. he's definately sticking to the good one's lately.

17. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Really nice numbers today!!!!

18. D and Noisy

How about seeing if the next couple of cycles look like this (lovely) one? The little run of blues makes me want to proceed on the side of caution for suggesting a decrease.

19. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle.....Scrabble is having a great day. :mrgreen:
    I don't believe you reduce based on an average over 7 days but numbers under 100 overall including ps's. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but as D said I think I would stay with this dose for a couple more cycles.

20. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE PMPS 90

PMPS 90 isn't the average of his numbers supposed to be below 100? & I know from reading other condo's that ps #'s are ok to be in the low blue's? His highest ps # on this dose was 122. I will do whatever you guys think! I want to do whatever will be the best for my boy!!!! Thanks for watching and let me know what you guys decide! :D

21. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

you can try if you want. If he were my cat, I would hold onto this dose for a few more days to get a little further away from the blue cycle last night.

22. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

I only want to do what you guys think is best because I have no clue! It can't hurt to stay on this dose for a little longer? Maybe he will surprise me tonight? I don't want to rush anything but I wasn't sure if Scrabble was ready or not? Maybe waiting a couple of days since I am off Sunday and Monday so I will be home to monitor?

23. bettyandhank

Funny...you're chomping at the bit to come down and I'm trying to hold on for dear life! LOL

What a great day your boy had. We're dull at my house.

B&H

24. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE PMPS 90 +2.5 61

+2.5 61
    I am home til +4 which is where he tends to nadir so will get another test before I leave. So is the concensus to wait another couple of days to do a dosecrease???

25. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/31 SCRABBLE PMPS 90 +2.5 61

Just was lookng at his sore and it seems to be bugging him again so I think it is good that I am taking him to the vets on Friday, poor baby!!!

26. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+4 71, think he is a little stressed from his sore, he won't stop licking it, I put some neosporin with pain relief on it but he just seems to want to keep licking it. Any advice on meds? antibiotics? just so I prepared when I go to the vets on Friday? I heard to make sure there are no steroids? Basically his sore is the size of a quarter, it is a scab and the skin around it is swollen a bit. Thanks for your input, guess I should think about the dosecrease after I get through this hurdle. Actually it is looking worse and I may have to take him tomorrow instead, my regular vet is not there but I am really worried about it now, he won't leave it alone!

27. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think you need to have the vet look at the spot and figure out what it is. If it's an infection, you'll probably get an antibiotic and maybe some form of wash or at least I think that's what happened with Moonie. If it's an allergic response, you may not have an option other than a steroid. Not all cats react to steroids with elevated BGs. And even if BG goes up, the course of steroid treatment will be time limited and we can adjust insulin dose around it. Do what you need to do for Scrabble.

You may also want to post on Health about this.

28. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

is it time for the Cone of Shame?

29. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

This is not for the vet, but you might consider getting some Halo Derma Dream Natural Healing Salve. All natural, so if he licks it, it won't hurt him (I think). Not sure this is the lowest price, but this is the product:
    http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-halo-pets-derma-dream-natural-healing-salve.htm

As for reduction, I've been told that very low blues shouldn't ruin a week -- up to 105, maybe even a point or two higher as an occasional score -- but 122 is probably not included in that range. If Libby says hold -- then I say hold! (Copy cat. :D )

30. bettyandhank

Michelle-

you've missed a very exciting last few hours. Come visit at my condo and Tess's. The full moon continues.

You're nipping at our heels.

It's past my bedtime.

see ya tomorrow

31. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Sorry I missed all the excitement! I am @ tbp!!! Worried about my boy but glad dh is home!

32. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Speaking of licking off meds reminds me of the transdermal gel I got for Shadoe for pain.
    I am to rub it in her ear flap and it works pretty well, until Booboo gets a sniff of it and Booboo is right in there, licking the stuff off the inside of Shadoe's ears!
    It seems that Booboo wants in on some of that high and Shadoe does not seem to mind; at that point, the buzz is on and Booboo is welcome to any of the extra :lol:

You definitely want to know about any meds and how they may affect other cats or if ingested. Even if it is not harmful, it's good to know ahead of time. It may explain some loopiness or maybe a numb tongue :lol:

33. D and Noisy

Great DH you have. Hope you get into the vets.
    ((((((((Scrabble)))))))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.