Re: 4/2 Do Lou amps 383PMPS 315 +3 304+6404

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa and Do Lou (GA), Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

amps 383 we seem to be starting off wrong cat(2)_steam
    I have to work today so will not be able to spot check but I am starting to wonder when he will come out of the pinkl confused_cat advice anyone :coffee: do I need new lantus it was filled on 3-7 seems like we give more he just stays high ? Dose just needs to settle??

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10777

2. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Do Lou amps 383

Morning! I would stick with the 3.5 a few more days to let it settle and it looks like your insulin is 28 days old (?) are you using a cartridge? Start with fresh insulin tonight. See if this makes a difference. It looks like Do Lou is just going through the process of finding a good working dose. Its frustrating but takes time. Hope this helps.

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

I have the vial but am asking my vet to switch his script to pen today so I do not waste as much thanks for the advice makes me feel better always :smile:

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

oh do lou .. what are we going to do with you? Lisa I know finding the right dose is frustrating (as we are STILL working on that ourselves) But you will get there!

5. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

whoo hoo home from work and my +10 is 283 a little bit out of the 300s plus picked up new lantus pens today

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/2 Do Lou amps 383 +10 283 question??

??? for anyone of experience my lantus vial is 28 days old on sunday I did get the pens today should I keep watching his dose with the vial a while longer or go ahead and start using one of the pens????

7. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I'd start one of the pens -- that way you can eliminate it from the equation.

8. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

I'm with D, start your new pen and sit tight for your 6 cycles :D

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Thanks will do that its almost time for his pm shot be posting here shortly

10. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Ok you guys should have seen me with my first pen the thing looks empty but I can see its not its been a long day :coffee: ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

PMPS 315

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

As you use more of the Lantus, you'll see the black plug at the end of the tube move down. Otherwise, you're right, the glass looks empty. Just remember to use your syringes.

It's a better PMPS than your AMPS number. Do Lou will be out of the pink in no time.

13. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 4/2 Do Lou amps 383 +10 283 PMPS 315 +3 304

well we are about 12 min early of the +3 it was 304 getting ready to run out to the store and be back in a bit

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

ok Do Lou, time to see some yellow!

15. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey you two!!! I love the pens, they work well & are so easy to use--Like you are holding on to something, instead of this tiny glass thingy!!
    This will all come together in the next 2 days--I just feel it!! We are going to see Do Lou Blue :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Paws & fingers crossed for nice numbers tomorrow--Have a great ni ni!!! Huggies :mrgreen:

16. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

+6 404 UGHHH do not like that color at all have not seen a red in a while :sad:

17. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

If your vial has really turned, you should see noticeable improvement in numbers with the new cart. I had been on the same vial for past that 28day mark and opened a new cart of Lantus end of December because her numbers were steadily rising.
    On her first shot from the new cart, her numbers went down, proving our vial had expired.
    I don't think it's a sudden turning, and many have gone much longer on vials/carts, but if you see numbers just going backwards and you are near that cutoff day, it's worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.