4/4 Tugger PMPS 87

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10961&p=108242#p108242

Hoppy Easter everyone! Tugger is at 71 and I have to leave in two hours. I think I'm going to give a reduced dose....

Crap, I don't know. I have till 730 to decide.

Edit to add: I left instructions for Andria that if she has any trouble and can't get me to edit this post with "P.S. with Emergency" and to post the problem while trying to call me, Ms D and/or Carolyn. I also left notes all over the kitchen lol. I explained that y'all can help and know more about what's going on with Tugger than anyone else does besides me and that the vet is a last resort if numbers are very low and no help is available. Hypo instructions are on the fridge for her as well.

Today's Digest:

+12 71
    +12.25 72
    +12.5 71
    AMPS 71 shot 1u
    +1.75 51
    +2 54 MC left out PS coming at +3 All times are "ish" and not exact from +3-PMPS
    +3 68
    +4 72
    +5 67
    +6 83

PMPS 87 shot 1.25 units

2. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/4 Tugger AMPS 71 reduce??

I can wait a few more minutes to decide... till 7:45 EST if there's anyone out there to advise.

Otherwise I'm shooting 1u (current dose 1.5 and looks to be asking for reduction) to be safe.

3. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Can you hold off on feeding and retest? How long ago did you last test?

4. Marvie and Tugger

I've got to do this within the next 20 minutes if I want to get a +2 before I have to leave for the day....

He's been hanging in the normal range for several cycles, acting like he's going to ask for a reduction but just not quite getting there. PS will be in twice today but not have time to stay long each visit. he will be alone from +2 till +5ish before her first visit.....

last test was 7:15 est or 25 mins ago

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning guys! wouldn't you shoot a 1.25 if you were going to decrease? just wondering what you decided to do! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

6. Marvie and Tugger

72 this time

7. Marvie and Tugger

We're at 1.5 now, if he earns a decrease today it would go to 1.25

but I'm thinking a 1.0 would be safer for today (for my peace of mind I guess?) with the numbers he's been throwing the past two or three cycles... but what the heck do I know lol.

I can hold off till 8:00

8. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

In my opinion which I don't know if it counts for crap but I would probably reduce but to 1.25 since you are shooting 1.5 right now right? It would worry me that he is not coming up and you will not be home. I don't know, just putting my 2 cents in trying to help you. It is the blind leading the blind lol!!!!

9. Marvie and Tugger

LOL I know right?

This is why I've been worried. I just knew he'd pull this. If I were home today I know I'd see under 50 if I shot his full dose this morning. But with him liking to go visit the 40's at +2 or +3.... I'ze skeered lol.

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

I don't blame you Marvie, I would be worried too, hope someone will come along to help! Scrabble has pulled that on me sooo many times!!! I would shoot a reduced dose definetly but I don't know whether you should do a 1.25 or a 1.00. You could always shoot the 1.0 if it would make you feel more comfortable and then shoot a 1.25 for the following shot. What do you think?

11. carolynandlatte

I dont know what time it is there. haha If you could say pmps +12.5 or 12.75...that helps people living in different time zones. :)

I was asking when you last tested (what was it?) so you could see if tugger was rising or dropping.

example:
    +12-71
    +12.25-76
    +12.5-122

You seem to know your options....
    bcs
    no shot
    full dose

stalling is like a reduction.

why not test and see which way tugger is going to help you decide

12. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I'm not very awake. BRB in minoot.

13. Marvie and Tugger

Ugh, sorry, brain dead, four hours sleep and worried about today...

+12 71
    +12.25 72
    +12.5 71

Not changing

14. Marvie and Tugger

K =)

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Well I know dose help is on its way so I am just here to offer support and to wish you a Happy Easter I can understand your worry since you are getting ready to leave I would be the same way :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

16. D and Noisy

looked at SS, I'd go with 1u this morning. Tonight probably go with 1.25u think he's ready for the next SDD (sneak down dose).

17. carolynandlatte

You have to do what you are comfy with (dont you hate hearing that! lol)

whatever you do will teach you something for the next time. So it is ALL good!what do you feel good with?

18. Marvie and Tugger

Thanks D I was thiking something along those lines too, but as always needed confirmation... shooting one unit

19. Marvie and Tugger

OK, one unit shot and now I have to go get ready. I need a shower again because I got all sweaty in the pits thinking about what to do lol.

I think the one unit will keep him in decent numbers today though so I am going to *try* not to worry now....

20. D and Noisy

Yes, I saw you were thinking that and then you wrote "but what do I know?" and I replied out loud "a lot."

He'll be fine, you enjoy your time out. Hopefully, this will help you be able to get some sleep tonight too.

21. carolynandlatte

Glad you got it figured out.

And dont worry about the time thing. We all do it! :mrgreen: I cant really help with dosing advice, but all of us can help gather info to help you make decisions.

I hope tugger has a great day...and you too!

Any naps for later today?

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good decision, Marvie! Now go out and enjoy your day! Tugger will be fine. After all, he'll be at the Easter egg roll with his pals.

Ella & Stu

23. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Marvie
    I could kick myself now for going btb after checking Max's Bg this morning and not
    checking who needs help.
    I am not one for dosing advice but I do understand the feeling when you have to shoot
    not sure what to do and you want to yell into the computer for someone to wake up. :lol: :lol:
    Been there, done that and then you need to decide.
    Glad D came by and confirmed what was going on in your head.
    I would have gone woth the 1u as well. Especially with Tugger being alone
    at those crucial times. You can always increase insulin if you need to if he is affected by
    the "unearnerd" reduced dose this morning but if you will not be around to monitor
    you are always safer with less insulin then more.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday and I will think of Tugger for you today.
    Now worries. :D

24. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Randi meant "NO worries" I think :lol:
    You can adjust later if needed but you want to be safe. Tugger will be fine and now you can relax. It is a process, right/ So, don't worry and enjoy your day! HUGS! :razz:

25. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/4 Tugger AMPS 71 +2 51

Well crap, really? 51 on 1 u at +2?? Tugggggggggggggger. Not even all the way +2 it's more like +1.75

26. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Awwww Tugger what are you doing to your mama??? Damn! Hope you can try and enjoy your day! Does Tugger eat on his own if he drops low? I am sure he will be fine but it sucks for you to have to worry!!!

27. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

were you going to be gone all day today? Tugger must want you to stay home cat_pet_icon nothing like stressing Mom out :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

28. carolynandlatte

It was because you let on to the fact you had to leave....
    happens every time! :lol:

Sorry!

29. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, Randi meant NO worries, people who know me know I am typing challenged.
    Thanks Pat :D and sorry Marvie.

I would leave out MC for Tugger - is there a way to have food for him that the others
    can't get to??

30. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Randi. Some MC will put your mlnd at ease.

31. Marvie and Tugger

Not without locking him up alone. I can put out enough MC for everyone though, I've stocked up on a variety of %'s since I can feed the higher carb stuff on the counter for the civvies.

I'll test again in ten minutes, put out the MC and maybe have her come by at +3 (11am est) to do a quick test and look him over. I have some pouch food (purrfectly chicken) that she can give him at that point that should help him ride out the last hour or two. If he makes it to +6 without going too low I'll be able to eat my dinner ;)

Yeah, I used the hair dryer this morning, I don't usually do that so he knew something was up lol. Dumb me. ohmygod_smile I should have gone to Easter with the IL's in sweats and a tshirt with fresh from the shower hair :lol:

Definitely a learning day lol.

32. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/4 Tugger AMPS 71 +1.75 51 +2 54

OK... I'm going to head out now. Heart in my throat, but I'm going. Andria will be here at +3 to check him.

33. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Marvie and Tugger))) :thumbup looking no less than the very best!
    Happy Easter to you two!! No worries.. I know how you feel.. Baby had me feeling a lil bit nervous yesterday.. but this is good!! :mrgreen:
    Tugger will be just fine (I promise) ;-)

34. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Marvie, you have a wonderful, fun day. Tugger will be fine....I said so!!! :lol:

35. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

you did good, there's nothing wrong with shooting a BCS dose and leaving out MC or HC when you have to go. I'm sure we've all done it. Safety first, ya know. No worries, Tugger will be fine (in fact, he'll probably try to pull this again sometime, now that he has figured out how to get extra of the good food).

36. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

See Tuggers dilemma was that he wanted to get you a present.. but what do you get for a mommy who has everything (meaning.. you have him.. that's everything right? :) )..

Tugger: "HAPPY EASTER MOMMY! I GOTZ YOU A PRESENT LOOKIT MY SHOOGARS"

I can see Marvie's house right now, probably can't walk across any room in the house because there's plates of food everywhere :).. Kitty heaven :).

37. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

lol! kitties! i swear they do this to us every time we make plans!
    hope you're enjoying your day...

38. D and Noisy

It occurred to me that Tugger's DPS might have updated his spreadsheet while Marvie was out, she did, DPS is good! (or was it Tugger).
    +3 68
    +4 72

39. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm impressed, Tugger! How many times have I wished that Lucy would test herself and update her SS while I was at work? You're a good boy. ;-)

40. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Hahahhaa. No kidding!

41. Marvie and Tugger

We're back! Thank you all for your support and advice this morning. I was flipping out when I saw that 51 less than two hours after his shot. Thanks for talking me down because I was SO ready to call my MIL and tell her how sorry I was going to be to miss Easter with them.

Tugger had a good day, nice non-worrisome numbers after I left. We had to come back to the house at +3 because we forgot something, so I got to see that he was on the rise before we really left. Which helped loads. I was able to enjoy the rest of my day after that.

Doesn't look like anyone ate much while I was gone... which I sort of expected from the dog but I figured the cats would eat more. I guess they feel better about waiting till mama's home too cuz now they're all in there eating or just finishing. Andria did say that Tugger ate both times she was here though so it's all good.

Next month is going to be pure hell on me though. I have to leave him for three days, hubby and boy will be with me so there will only be Andria to keep up with him. I sure hope he's got himself straightened out by then because he'd really hate it if I take his furry lil butt on a road trip to Georgia but if he pulls this mess on me next time, I sure will carry him along. (Tugger if you read this, and I sure hope you do... please either be OTJ or at least not dipping down into scary "gotta-watch-every-minute" numbers please? It's for your big boy's graduation, and I have GOT to go, so either behave or be prepared for an 18 hour(one way!) road trip in the carrier)

I am exhausted. Four hours of sleep, nearly six hours of driving, and all that stress makes for a very tired Marvie. Oh how I would just love to go to bed and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep till tomorrow. Sadly, there are things to be done still. But very soon I plan to park my rear end in my big recliner with my big lapdog and then I'm going to stay there. If anyone wants anything else from me tonight it better be something I can do from my chair ;)

42. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Glad Tugger is behaving tonight and hope you get some rest :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.