12/31 Jupiter-not feeling well - update / bloodwork today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jamie & Jupiter, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

link to yesterdays condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=110937

YESTERDAY
    Jupiter went to the vet yesterday... he seemed to not be feeling well for a few days before that. He was laying in the LB room a lot and yesterday AM saw him laying in litterbox. The vet did an xray and said there was a LOT of stool in him. Too much. Vet said the stool was soft (probably from the miralax we give him daily) but wanted to do an enema because the excessive amount of stool there. I saw the xray... and man he had a ton of poo in him... no wonder he wasnt feeling well..... Anyways, they did the enema and they said a LOT came out and the vet thought it was all of it that came out.
    We come home from the vet yesterday and Jupiter ate a little tiny bit... few minutes later he vomited back up. He vomited several other times during the day...we gave him a cerenia at some point but did not see the pill or pill pocket in the vomit. He rushed to the LB several times and he would cry and howl/meow. He had a little bit of liqui-poo a few times and then rubbed his bottom across the floor. (Later in the evening we offered him 1/2 tsp baby food and he was able to keep it down so later on we offered 1tsp FF and he ate and kept down.)

TODAY
    Now today he is still seeming like he feels pretty darn bad. He has not vomited at all since before those feedings last night....However, he is still crying and meowing at times... More like a yelp/howl... and rushing to the LB every now and again.... then has a little tiny bit of liquidy poo.

I just dont understand why he is so upset... and crying......
    I dont think he was crying like this last time (In november he went to the vet with constipation... had 3 enemas done to clear it all out... came home and did have the liquidypoo but I dont remember him meowing like this)

Im not sure if hes just upset because enema giving him some diarrhea and barely anything coming out...............or if maybe it didnt all come out yesterday and some is stuck in him...

Wishing you all a HAPPY & HEALTHY new year!!!!

2. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Jupiter- still not feeling well

Jamie,
    I am so sorry Jupiter isn't feeling well.
    It must be so worrying for you to see him cry like that. :sad: Poor Jupiter.....
    Maybe not everything came out after the enema?
    Sounds like he wants to poop something out....
    Sending tons of vines to sweet Jupiter.
    I'd call the vet and ask what he/she thinks about how Jupiter is acting...if they are open today.

3. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

I hate it when kitties yowl like that. I feel so bad for them. Have you tried a little squash or pumpkin for his tummy? I hope he gets better throughout the day. Enough is enough already!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you and Jupiter. I hope he feels better soon. I think a call to the vet is a good idea too.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww Jamie...you and Jupe sure have been through the mill this year and I'm sorry to hear he's still feeling so bad. Poor baby deserves a break! It's so hard on us beans when we're almost sure something is wrong, but can't find out what's going on

Sending healing vines to Jupiter and prayers for a MUCH better 2014 for both of you!

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I agree with the others. I'd call the vet, too. I know how upsetting this is for you. I've been through something similar. Isn't it just typical that this happens at holiday time?

Sending healing vines to Jupiter and keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

7. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Jamie, i'm so sorry that Jupiter is still feeling icky, I also agree with the others. The vet should know, especially with the holiday hours and such. Will they be open tomorrow? I only ask because mine will not be. I'm sending prayers to Jupiter that he feels better real soon. :YMHUG:

8. Jamie & Jupiter

UPDATE... started on bupe

okay sorry about being lazy... copy/pasted my updates from facebook earlier instead of retyping it.

Update... started Bupe
    "okay so when i talked to the vet on the phone he said he thinks jupe is in pain from all the stool that was built up in his tract and colon...."

"he wants to start him on bupe atleast for 2 days so that he can be a little more comfortable. he said he doesnt want his colon, tract, and intestines to be hurting him"

"and he said hes probably not eating anything if he is in pain at all so wants to make sure pain is not an issue. if enema got all stool out and jupe is still feeling like he needs to go and pushing... nothing may come out... he may just be pushing cause it hurts and feels irratated"

"and i have no idea if i explained that correctly."

"but... hopefully now he can get some rest... and comfortably.."

"this is the worst ive seen jupe in a really long time"

9. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Jupiter- still not feeling well - update >started

Hi Jamie. I'm sorry Jupiter isn't feeling well, after all he and you have been through :cry: I hope the bupe makes him feel 100% better, and fast :D Hugs to you both :YMHUG:

10. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Poor baby. We have been praying for Jupiter for relief from the pain. Thanks for the update.

11. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Hi Jamie and Jupiter,

Just wanted to drop by and wish you a Happy New Year. I wish for health and happiness. I hope Jupiter feels better soon.

Hugs,
    Kathie

12. Missy & Kitty

Missy & Kitty Member

Awww, I'm sorry Jupiter isn't feeling well.

Pumpkin is a great idea to prevent constipation because it draws water into the bowel, but since Jupiter has diarrhea now, I wouldn't use it. If Jupiter doesn't have high calcium, you can make slippery elm bark syrup and give him some in his food. That helps coat the tummy/intestines and also helps with diarrhea/constipation. I have been giving it to my cats for some time, but I recently found out one of my cats has kidney disease, so I have been reading up on it and found this helpful: http://www.felinecrf.org/holistic_treatments.htm#SEB1. Here's the link for the info on pumpkin: http://www.felinecrf.org/constipation.htm#fibre

I hope Jupiter starts feeling better very soon, and I hope you have a fantastic new year!

13. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Jupe is feeling better by now. Poor guy.
    Continued prayers....

14. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Maybe adding 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of plain psyllium would help. It softens stool and also soaks up excess moisture, reducing diarrhea.

Resource site on Feline Constipation, in case you haven't seen it.

Are you giving methylcobalamin? Maybe it is some neuropathy slowing his gut down.

15. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i missed this yesterday, jaime, i'm so sorry jupiter is feeling yucky. poor little guy. i hope the bupe does the trick. i could believe that his body is confused on what it's feeling. if his colon was distended it may feel weird to him now.

cheering you guys on. :YMHUG:

16. Jamie & Jupiter

Thank you for the info.

The only meds he gets is prozac for anxiety and he gets 1/8 tsp miralax daily. He had surgery on his colon a few years back because he kept getting constipated. The only time he has ever gotten diarrhea... is once because of change in food... and right after enemas. Vet thinks this has something to do with chemo.

Jupiter has bloodwork today in a few hours and hoping all is well for chemo on saturday

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jamie,
    I missed your condo for a few days and am very sorry to hear that Jupiter is not feeling well. I hope the Bupe will give him some relief and we are keeping fingers and paws crossed for good bloodwork today. Is Sat. the last chemo? That would be great!

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year, and a Healthy New Year for Jupiter,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

18. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Another possibility - chemo attacks any rapidly dividing cells and the cells lining the intestinal tract are rapidly dividing. Maybe that is affecting the motility.

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

How is Jupe today? Sending more vines for him.

20. Jamie & Jupiter

Yep this is his last chemo!!!!

I am really hoping his bowel movements go back to normal since this is his last chemo. Will keep a close eye on him over the next few weeks.

He is doing better today but not back to 100%.....he did eat on his own today and has been drinking a lot of water. Glad he is keeping himself hydrated.

Bloodwork in about 2 & half hours and really hoping for good results so he can get this last chemo treatment over and done with.

I gave bupe last 2 days and it seemed to help him. Did not give him any today but he is not acting in any pain or anything, but keeping close eye on him.

(I will be starting a new condo later today after bloodwork so this doesnt get more confusing lol)

21. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Jupiter-not feeling well - update / bloodwork toda

celebrating every bit of improvement - so glad to hear he's eating and maybe feeling better! i wouldn't hesitate to give him the bupe if you have any thought he's in pain. it's easier to keep on top of it than to try to catch up after pain has gotten a hold.

22. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear Jupiter is feeling a little better. Paws crossed that all goes well for the final chemo!

23. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Jupiter is doing better today. I hope the b/w comes back good so he can get his last chemo treatment finished.

24. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I am so glad that Jupiter is showing improvement today and eating and drinking. we will continue to pray for him.

25. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Last chemo yay! It must be hard on him, it's hard on humans and we know what's going on! If the last chemo was hard this last one might be worse so be prepared to baby him through it...you might even need to syringe feed etc till it passes.

I am hoping the wonky blood work is the chemo.

Wendy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.