1/2 & 1/3 Jupiter - bloodwork results - redone today!!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jamie & Jupiter, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

link to previous condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=110992

As most of you probably already know, Jupiter has had things pretty rough this past week and hasnt been feeling too great. Today he had his pre-chemo bloodwork done and the vet said his bloodwork was kind of "shaky". Its not looking too good and several things seem to be off. Lots of red on the bloodwork results which means not in normal range. I am going to attempt to post the bloodwork results here. I am still waiting to find out if the bloodwork is okay for chemo on Saturday. I am really hoping that the bloodwork is good enough for him to get his last chemo treatment done. Someone from the oncologists's office should call and let me know tomorrow once they review the results. He seems to be feeling a bit better.... but not 100%.

Sending vines for Lucy & all others who need them.

Thank you all so much for the continued support you give us here. It really helps me get through the tough days.

2. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/2 Jupiter - bloodwork today

:YMHUG: to Jamie.........scritches for Jupiter cat_pet_icon

Barb

3. Jamie & Jupiter

I posted the results to Jupiters bloodwork on Facebook but cant figure out how to post them here :sad:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sendings hugs and prayers to you and Jupiter. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

5. Jamie & Jupiter

BLOODWORK RESULTS

Hope this works... trying to post bloodwork results

Attached Files:

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 1/2 Jupiter - bloodwork results posted

That picture works, Jamie.
    Maybe it's better if he waits until he's feeling a little better.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

The high total protein (TP) and the high albumin (ALB) indicate dehydration. The low alkaline phosphatase (ALKP) indicates he's not eating enough. His ALT and total bilirubin (TBIL) are up indicating something is going on with the liver.

Jamie...I'm concerned he might be showing some issues with hepatic lipidosis (FHL). I could be way, way off but is he eating enough? FHL can be due to anorexia or even a large reduction in calories. Of course, I am not a vet but this is something I would ask the vet.

Sending healing vines for Jupe.

8. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

I also wonder if the liver values are stress due to processing the chemo. I would also discuss with the oncologist the pros and cons of doing a final chemo with these numbers and how he handled it last time.

Wendy

9. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

Poor Jupe. I know how anxious you are to get the chemo over and done with and to get Jupe feeling better. I hope you can get some answers from the vetty about these numbers. Hugs and scritches to you and Jupe. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Did your vet discuss the results w/ you explaining what his concerns are? If he isn't eating well, perhaps some cypro? But maybe Jupe just needs a little extra time before the last chema.

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

How stressful for you. Sending hugs to you and healing vines to Jupiter. Hope he's feeling better soon so you can get this business over with.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

12. Jamie & Jupiter

Re: 1/2 Jupiter - bloodwork results - redone today!!!!!!

I talked to a tech from oncologists office today and they wanted Jupiter to have his bloodwork redone today. They said if his TBIL was in normal range they would do the chemo tomorrow. If TBIL was still high they said we should reschedule the chemo and monitor him. So we just got home from the vet to have his bloodwork redone and today the results are looking much better!!!!! I was so worried about his liver so a HUGE relief that the results are better!!!!! I dont know how to scan and upload them, but after dane gets home from work today I will post the results!!!!! :D :D :D :D

13. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Jamie,

Sure do hope Jupiter gets to feeling better. My cat Sam who was a stray I took in from outside had high liver values when I first brought him inside. He was malnourished and skinny and would not eat dry cat food which is what most people put out for outside feral or stray cats.
    After I brought him in I put him on FF and now he is fine. I have to agree with Marje, I don`t think Jupiter is eating enough, could be nauseous from the chemo.
    I did not read back through your previous posts, but I what do they have him on for that(nausea)? I thought I read he also had a couple episodes of vomiting as well.
    So I am with Marje, I would ask the vet about Hepatic Lipidosis. That can be very serious. You might have to ask the vet for something else for nausea and vomiting.

Terri

14. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Jamie:

Great news about the improved blood results. I know how anxious you are to get this done. Will keep sending good thoughts and healing vines Jupiter's way.

:YMHUG:

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's wonderful the results were better today. I hope Jupiter is feeling better. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

16. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so glad to hear the results are much better this time. I too am sending healing vines and snowflakes to Jupiter and Hugs for you Jamie :YMHUG:

17. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy to hear the bloodwork is better!! I know you have to be more than ready to get this last treatment done and then hopefully be able to relax for awhile. You've really done a amazing job with all this Jamie and deserve to just enjoy being with your kitty instead of always having the "next" treatment to worry about.

Come on Jupe! Let's get this over with!

18. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

Healing vines to Jupiter!

I will say prayer for Jupe!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.