1/3 Zeke PMPS 161;+5 = 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MrZ, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Good morning LL :coffee:

Well Zeke threw up again within 15 minutes after his shot this morning. Fortunately, he eagerly returned to the kitchen for more fuds. I decided to switch to 9% as I was uncertain just how much he'd be willing to eat. I believe his throwing up may be due to either the 1/2t of pumpkin or the (moistened) freeze-dried duck pieces I add to his food. I'm leaning more towards the pumpkin. I had been giving him baby food squash (no sugar added) but switched to canned pumpkin (not pie filling, just pumpkin) which is so much drier than the baby food. I think it just may be too heavy and dry. I will eliminate the pumpkin tomorrow and see how it goes.

Sending healing vines to all.

Zeke's Yesterday

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/3 Zeke AMPS 125; +1 = 102

What a great start as far as his BG.

I don't know how long you've been doing the duck but it made Gracie throw up....way too greasy.

Have a super day...surf Zeke!

3. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Zeke AMPS 125; +1 = 102

Good Morning Marje. How nice of you to pop in this morning. Yes, I'm very happy with Zeke's AM BG. Looks like he surfed blue all night.

Well, we've been giving Zeke the duck for probably 2 months. We had been giving him freeze-dried salmon but read about how bad fish is for kitties so we switched to the duck. Zeke loves it. He gets the salmon occasionally. I think the issue we've had with the FD duck is that it's so dense that it doesn't crumble like the FD salmon. If we're not careful and give Zeke big pieces, he can't handle it - triggers a gag reflex I think. So we've started soaking pieces in water before feeding to him. The FD duck was meant to be a shot-time treat (ok, really, bribe) but as we've gotten beyond all the shot-time ugliness and drama, we probably should just eliminate it from the routine.

Well, Zeke's down a little more than I would like for a +2.5 (67) so I've given him 1.5t of 17%. Hopefully, that will just keep him where he's at. We would like that.

Have a great day Marje.

4. Marje and Gracie

Re: 1/3 Zeke AMPS 125; +1 = 102; +2.5 = 67

That all makes sense. Maybe try the freeze dried chicken?

Zeke has plans today! Are you working, Laura?

5. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Zeke AMPS 125; +1 = 102; +2.5 = 67

Was planning to but I'm hanging out until I know he's gonna be ok. I just gave him another teaspoon of 17% broth with some food. At +3.25 he's at 64 (flat from +2.5).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching out for him.

6. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Zeke AMPS 125;+1=102+3.25= 64; SOG!+4.25= 91 Over di

Son of a gun!! I over did it with the carbs. Shoot! This guiding with food business is not for me. I know what to do to get him up when he's too low but apparently totally clueless as to what to do to have him surf.

Since this is such a huge spike, even though he has about 2hrs to nadir, would it be safe to go to work?

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Could be scarf and barf - have you tried spreading it out flat on the plate to slow him down?

8. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

We actually spread it out time wise. Give him 1/3 each about 15 minutes apart.

9. Marje and Gracie

Just checking in :D

Oh for even a dime every time I overdid it!

10. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Hi Marje,

Well I locked up the HC so Zeke's having a much better evening. He's gradually slipped into a nice green. Hopefully he can surf there awhile. I'm so glad I opted to scale back the dose. This is so much less stressful than what we were dealing with before when we were fighting the insulin. Now we're just keeping our fingers crossed that Zeke's numbers will continue to improve.

Glad to hear your DM is home. Hope the therapy accelerates her recovery. Sorry to see that Gracie bounced. Come on LBG, let's clear that nasty bounce. Wishing you a restful evening Marje.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.