4/6 - Nova - PMPS=68, +1=68, +2=59, +3=52, +4=56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Hmm Nova was actually a little weird this morning. She wasn't all that opinionated. Our normal shot time routine is that I go to the upstairs bathroom, turn on the water (she loves water, so this convinces her to come upstairs).. she shows up while I'm flossing and brushing. I close the door to keep the boys out and then try to mush over her a bit. This is always met with a "UGH YOU ARE SO STUPID! GET TO THE COOKIE PART!" meow and a huff. Today she wanted some mushing?? This is not a mushy cat. It's abnormal enough for her that if I see any more weird today, we're going to the vet.

She did eat her cookies and breakfast afterwords, came by my desk, gave the "I approve of the service in this establishment today" meow and went upstairs for her morning nap.

As for Nova's #s.. any thoughts on whether these flat cycles are Mr P sputtering or the most short-bus bounces ever?

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +2=128

So Nova wanted some extra mushing? Does that mean loving, for a kitty you can't kiss?
    I hope this flat blue means action on the way.
    That's what Max used to do to me.

Purple gum like chicklets eh??? I seem to recall that one too but the name escapes
    me. I'll have to think about that one.
    Us Canadians are a strange bunch.

3. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +2=128

It means rubbing her chin, cheeks and bridge of her nose with 1 finger (no more than one allowed!) while I tell her how much I love her and she purrs and gives me that look like I'm the most awesome and most important person on earth.

Yeah the flat usually does mean action with Nova.. but it also doesn't usually come every single night for most of a week.. sigh.. I just want her pancreas to have a break so bad :(.

And Canadians are normal, everyone else is weird ;).

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +2=128, +5=83

No dose advice from me, but I just wanted to say that Nova is looking good today. The extra mushing must have made her happy. ;)

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Nova is happy about the service... :lol: Not sure about the dose question though....
    you are doing such a great job, Dawn! Nova is doing very well!!! :thumbup

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Golly, I hope Nova leaves a good tip every morning...I think Shadow and Raja tip Pat well. It's how she pays for the juice.

Loved her WCR. Hope she's fine and just decided not to be so cat like this morning.

7. Dawn & Nova

I have shot this low before.. and don't typically get too concerned about where her PS is because she goes up.. but where the HECK did this number come from.. +5 is usually her nadir..and she was 83.. and now shes 68??

Retesting in 15... I expect her to be sky high from being ticked off I'm not feeding yet.. haha.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +5=83, PMPS = 68 - no shot yet

Didn't you shoot a 68 on 3/24?

Can you stay up to test? (And all the usual questions -- do you have strips and HC?)

9. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +5=83, PMPS = 68 - no shot yet

Yep I shot this low before.. but then I had a reasonable idea why she was that low (I had bumped up her dose to give her a nudge and was dealing with shed).. this time I have little explanation for why she is lower then her peak.. and green PS's are not a common thing for her.. so I just want to be sure there's no funny business going on.. I'll let her howl at me for 15 mins :). I expect to shoot something when I go back upstairs this trip, my brain hasn't decided if it's going to be 1U or 0.9U though ;) *bawk bawk bawk*.

Have lots of HC and lots of strips.

10. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +5=83, PMPS = 68, +0.33=74

She was about the same.. other then being REALLY mad at me for "forgetting" the second round of cookies.. boy did I ever get in trouble!

I shot 0.9.. primarily because I won't be home for a good chunk of tomorrow because of work meetings which means I need to get some sleep tonight (2.5 hours sleep last night because of work emergencies.. kinda loopy here!). Drives me nuts too because I want these green PSs so bad.. but she of course picked a crappy time to pull this stuff..

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +5=83, PMPS = 68, +0.33=74

Nova Looks REALLY GOOD today!! Hope you have a good day tomorrow Dawn--Shoot what you feel comfortable with, enough to keep the shed going--Leave out lots of food..Ni NI! :mrgreen:

12. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +5=83, PMPS=68, +0.33=74, +1=68

Wow.. she ate 1/2 can of LC FF an hour ago for supper (normal supper for her).. hey Nova.. you misplaced your food spike!.. guess who's not sleeping tonight..

13. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 - Nova - AMPS=130, +5=83, PMPS=68, +0.33=74, +1=68

:coffee: will this help?

maybe she's getting ready for a dosecrease?

will look for your next numbah

14. Dawn & Nova

Re: 4/6 - Nova - PMPS=68, +1=68, +2=59, +3=52

Might take more than coffee for me tonight.. so dang tired..

Anyhoo.. I fed her the normal 1/4 can LC FF at PM+2.25 (usually gets it around +2.5 - +3).. and she only dropped a little bit.. usually +3 is where she comes up with her surprises so I tried to nip that in the butt by feeding a little early.. I'll check again in an hour to see if she's still got her surf on..

15. Cheryl and Winnie

16. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Surfing is fun, Nova!! Try it out and let your mama get some sleep, ok? You look great tonight, though. ;)

17. Dawn & Nova

Welp she's surfing really really well haha.. AND she caught her "bird" (honeysuckle pillow) TWICE tonight and took it to the bathroom to howl.. her and I also played bottle caps.. she feels so much better when she's low.. I wish I could figure out how to keep her there all the time without it getting into 40s and making me do a decrease.

Ah well.. a REALLY fantastically wonderful cycle for her.. I didn't do anything other than her normal LC meal/snack (except snack a little early) and post-test freeze dried treats.. I think this qualifies her for a bird feeder even though its not 24 hours of green like the original deal said..

18. Cheryl and Winnie

yes it is amazing how much difference you can see isn't it? she'll get there ! you're doing great.
    and earning doscrease is a good thing ! It means Mr. P. is healing. :D :D :D

birdfeeders are great ! kitty tv . GFI cat_pet_icon all kitties need a tv

19. Dawn & Nova

Yeah.. if they stick.. otherwise it means Mr P. *WAS* healing..and then I smooshed it :(. Will give this sneaking away from 1U another go..

Thanks for being up tonight both of you, this is the best cycle I've ever seen.. and it's been so awesome to share it :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.