2/12 Rocky PMPS 305 +2 300 +4 345

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina & Rocky, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Rocky

Tina & Rocky Well-Known Member

Good morning,

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=113567

We're in the yellow today. I can hardly believe it, but I think I forgot to feed Rocky his 2nd meal of the day, at all yesterday!!! :shock: ohmygod_smile Could that make him go really high? I was so tired yesterday, I said some prayers and I was sitting on my bed and then I feel asleep. I was looking at his cans of food this morning and I couldn't figure out why there was a can of his food in the refrigerator.

Well, he did get his second meal today.

Rocky's recap of yesterday:

AMPS 209
    +2 252
    +5.15 345
    +8.15 310

PMPS 317
    +2 369
    +4 309

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 Rocky AMPS 250 +2 235

Hi Tina!

No, I don't think missing a feeding would make his numbers go higher. Since feeding adds carbs, you'd think it would be just the opposite..that if youHAD fed him, the insulin would have more to work on so you might get higher numbers.

I think it's very possible that yesterday's numbers were a slow bounce from the 92 from the AMPS cycle 2/10

We all totally understand the sleep deprivation problem!! Tends to come with the territory. There are times when we almost wish for a higher number at PMPS because we can get some sleep without worrying where our kitties might be going! That's why I really like getting a +2..it's almost a crystal ball into where they might go for the rest of the cycle.

Hang in there! You're in good company here!

3. Tina & Rocky

Re: 2/12 Rocky PMPS 305

Should I increase Rocky's dose to 1.75u tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I'd go ahead and hold the 1.5 through tomorrow's AM cycle and if the numbers don't get into at least blues, then increase to 1.75 at tomorrow's PM cycle

That way you've given Rocky 72 hours to break a bounce if that's what's going on....a bounce off the 92....If he goes into blue during the AMPS tomorrow, we'll have to reconsider what to do next for his PM cycle, but we should probably just wait and see what his cycle looks like overnight tonight and through the morning cycle today

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I agree that he could be bouncing and I'd let it clear by holding six cycles after the green before increasing,

6. Tina & Rocky

Thank you both. I will hold the 1.50u for the AM shot and then we'll take it from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.