03/06 J.D. PMPS 334, +3 320 - heard from vet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    575 PMPS (tiny drop of R)
    442 +1.5
    336 +6.5
    368 +11.5

J.D. ate fine last night, and has eaten okay this morning, so far. He did pee 2 feet from the litter box first thing this morning, and then later gave me a really nice solid prezzie 1 and 1/2 feet from the litter box (hey, his nose was touching the litter box, so that counts a little).

I hope the vet will call me today. I want to know when to start using this Baytril or if she meant to give me Orbax and gave me Baytril by mistake.

I found out that Tuffy has a very good home where she is happy, so that is a relief.
    Still very very sad about Barbara and will miss her for a long time. She was such a good person.

I think I'll go to work early today, since I am so behind and my catch up Sundays are temporarily filled with doing another department's job, so unless I want to work for 12 hours next Sunday doing that job, and then my own, I probably should get work done now, when I can.

I am a whole 10 minutes early so far on J.D.'s shot schedule and really have no hopes of getting home any earlier today and especially not tomorrow, so just can not shoot any earlier to get ready for DST, so we'll just have to go with Option C on Saturday morning and test all day. I also will be starting a new pen of insulin, so I especially need to test a lot that day.

I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 03/06 J.D. AMPS 350

(((Dyana))) So hard to lose someone so suddenly :YMHUG:

I hope you hear from your vet today, I hate waiting for these calls :?
    Yippee on a nice prezzie (nose touching is a close call :lol: ) and a decent appy!

Hope your early start gets you caught up some :smile:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you hear back from the vet today. Sorry about the pee and poo outside the lb. Maybe next time it will be in the lb. I hope J.D. slides down today. I'm glad you found out that Tuffy has a good home. I sometimes worry about what will happen to my furbabies if something happens to me. Sending hugs to you Dyana. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Come on down JD. I hope the vet gets back with you today. The waiting is the worst. Good luck with catching up at work. Have a great day Dyana!

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am glad that Tuffy is where she is happy and content. I still can't wrap my mind around this.

Hope the vet calls you today. I know how that waiting game feels.

TTYL

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/06 J.D. PMPS 334 - heard from vet

J.D. was eating when I got home from work at +12.75. I am so going the wrong way with this daylight savings time.

If I can tear myself away from work (on time, yeah right) tomorrow, then maybe I can shoot 15 minutes earlier tomorrow night and an hour earlier on Saturday morning (starting a new pen, besides) and just watch him like a hawk, and then make up the other 15 minutes on Sunday. Ugg!

The vet finally called and said that Baytril is in the same family of drugs as Orbax and it was not a mistake to give me the Baytril. That I do not have to give it on an empty tummy and that I can start it right away and that it will not interfere with is other medications. I told her that I had not given J.D. his Adequan for a month now because of it's anticoagulant properties and his blood work showing anemia and can I resume it now, and she said "no" and it sounded like she meant that the Adequan can cause him to go further anemic. Anyway, I told her the Adequan doesn't seem to have much affect on J.D. anyway.

I got stuck on an hour long phone call right at quitting time and raced home to give J.D. his shot. I need to run to the grocery store now.

J.D. was eating (licking his empty bowls) when I got home from work, and ate some of his 1st Dinner, and got his Baytril.

7. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana, I am glad that you got the call. At least you can start. I am very sorry about your friend Barbara. I didn't get to know her. She sounds like a wonderful person.

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i didn't know that about the Adequan. punkin had anemia and i gave it to him. :sad: i hope it didn't make anything worse.

Have you checked the dose amount of Baytril? My understanding is that you want to make sure that it's not too high of a dose. I just googled until I found something that had a feline dosage suggested on it. Might've been on the drug site - i don't remember now. Hope you were able to get pills - the liquid punkin had must've tasted pretty bad. Hopefully JD is ok with it.

Good luck on the shot time adjustment. Is it possible to run over into next week as you're doing adjustments or is your schedule too tight.

I know what you mean about Barbara. She was a good person and we're going to miss her. I'm also very glad Tuffy's found a good home. :YMHUG:

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Julie. The dose of Baytril pills is 22mg, one per day. Is that okay?

My shot schedule it tight, and I really do not want to be giving him early shots when I am off to work for such long hours. So, I'll just adjust most of the way on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.

I stopped giving J.D. adequan during his last dental last year, for awhile, because of the anticoagulant properties that I read about. I just didn't want to take a risk if his anemia was caused by internal bleeding or something.

I hope this Baytril works. Maybe, he's had a kidney infection for a long time.

10. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say this was an authority, but the information on http://www.1800petmeds.com/Baytril-prod10048.html

is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.