03/07 J.D. PMPS 339, +3 229

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    334 at +12.75 (heading in the wrong direction to get ready for DST :roll: )
    320 +3
    226 +7.75
    288 +11.25

I shot at +11.75 this morning, which gives us 1.25 hours to make up to be back to schedule on Sunday. I think I can shoot at +11.75 again tonight, and then at +11 tomorrow morning if he is high enough.

J.D. ate fine last night and ate some this morning. I hope this Baytril doesn't mess with his tummy.
    This is what I figure I'll do. Antibiotics at night and probiotics in the morning. I'll give him Miralax at night to help with the constipating effects of the FortiFlora in the morning.

QUESTION: Does anyone know of a veterinary drug interaction checker?
    Everything I searched for led me back to Drugs.com. When I type in Baytril, it has no matches. When I type in Denamarin, it has no matches. When I type in Azodyl, it has no matches. I need a veterinary drug interaction checker.
    J.D. gets:
    Baytril SID (night)
    Azodyl SID (night)
    Denamarin SID (morning)
    FortiFlora SID (morning)
    GNC Vitamins SID
    Pepcid (as needed) usually in the morning
    Cyproheptadine (as needed) usually in the morning
    Ondansetron (as needed) usually in the morning

I gave him his Denamarin only so far this morning.

OT: I am so glad it's Friday. Tomorrow if for sleeping all day, and getting a little bit of house work done. Then starts a hard 6 day work week. I could use a vacation. Little Baby Steps: yesterday I was able to scrub my teeth with my right hand for the first time since slipping on the ice almost 3 weeks ago. One day soon I hope to be able to clean the cat little box with my right hand again, as my left hand is very willing to try and do things but just isn't trained as well as my right.

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Re: 03/07 J.D. AMPS 334

I hope the Baytril does the trick. Poor guy. More healing vines for your arm. I don't know what I would do since my left hand has a mind of its own. Have a great day Dyana!

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/07 J.D. AMPS 334 - ? on Drug Interactions Checker

Thanks Melissa.
    My left hand tries to help out. Once I found it picking up a razor as if it was going to shave my legs :shock: I quickly grabbed the razor with my right hand. It was funny at the time.

I was hoping someone would have a link to a site that I could check drug interactions with, that actually does all medications or at least veterinary medications.

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Know what's strange? Drugs .com has a vet med section BUT it's NOT included in their drug interaction checker! Wierd! I remember trying to figure out HarleyDrooler's med schedule when we were treating his lymphoma - I ended up just writing down everything then figuring it out individually. I ended up giving him meds at 8am, 9am, Noon, 2pm, 4pm and 8pm. Hope you can figure it all out...

BIG HUGS!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Dyana --

The problem isn't that they are veterinary meds. The problem is that they aren't drugs -- they are supplements. The interaction checkers usually only work with prescribed medications.

Drugs.com does note that there are no known interactions for denamarin.
    Here's a link to info on interactions between psyllium, one of the ingredients, and azodyl.

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Yay on getting to sleep in!

Here's a site that has info on Baytril at least http://www.petmd.com/pet-medication/baytril Drug interaction warnings and side effects are at the bottom.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sienne, I tried the link you provided, but I am not a member and when I tried to subscribe it said it was $299.00 for a year.

Do you see any information that you can share with me? Like is psyllium in the Baytril and does it have an interaction with azodyl?

I did not give him his azodyl yet tonight. I gave him the Baytril.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/07 J.D. PMPS 339 - ? on Drug Interactions Checker

Work :roll: .
    I kept telling them I have to leave. I have to leave. I finally broke free and raced home and got his insulin in a whole 6 minutes earlier. Now we are only off by 1 hour and 22 minutes to get ready for daylight savings time. The reverse in the fall is so much easier.
    And, they couldn't fix the computer problem they were working with me on and so now I have to go to work tomorrow :roll: my only day off until next Saturday :-| Hopefully, it will only be for a few hours and will be later in the day, so I can sleep in :thumbup If J.D. comes down to fast from the early shot he's going to get tomorrow morning along with the fresh pen of insulin, he can just come to work with me.

One day. One magical day, eventually, we will be set up to work from home.

J.D. got his Baytril and was just eating some of his left over left out food. I think I'll take the kitties for a walk, and I really should go visit my elderly neighbor.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That's so weird. I'm not a member. Maybe because I'm on a med school server. It didn't allow me access from home. I found the link on a Google search. Basically, it said that psyllium can lower BG. I don't think this is a interaction but rather a caution.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the Baytril helps J.D. Hopefully you won't have to be at work too long tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.