4/10: Cosmo's caturday (oldtimer)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyn and Cosmo, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Hello everyone,
    Thought I'd update now, b/c I have a cutie pie kitty napping on my lap and I hate to disturb him by going to bed.

Cosmo is doing very well, all things considered. He hasn't had any (antijinx antijinx) bouts with pancreatitis, constipation, or whatnot recently. We have been to the vet a few times b/c of the THING ON HIS PAW (TOHP). TOHP warranted an ER visit, and two follow up visits so far.

Both follow up visits were with our beloved Dr B. Today's follow up visit, he was able to 'pop' the TOHP. We scheduled this visit b/c I had told his assistant that the TOHP had been oozing. Dr B took a look, said, huh and started squeezing. I turned my head, but he showed me the stuff that came out. It really looked like stuff from a zit, which is what Dr B said it was. He told me that their best guesses (previously) were that it was either a sebaceous cyst or squamous cell carcinoma. Today's rupture and stuff that came out of TOHP is much more consistent with a sebaceous cyst than with SCC. TOHP is much much smaller. Basically, it has been one hugely expensive ZIT. (not quite, but close enough).

WCR: super off the charts snuggly, mischievous, eating, pooping, peeing, playing, and preening. He knows he's not supposed to lick TOHP and sneaks off to do it where I can't see him. Smart bugger.

The best part of the vet visit, was when Dr B pulled Cosmo out of the carrier and started examining him. He said something like "God makes a few sweet creatures. Cosmo's one of them."

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

awwwwwww, i love your vet! :D
    what a wonderful caturday report. it's so nice to hear how well cosmo is doing!

3. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

hi cyn !

love cosmos caturday report ....
    he has a smart vet :D

hoping his TOHP/zit heals up very soon !

4. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Boy, what a saga with TOHP!! So glad to hear that maybe you have begun to resolve whatever the THOP is! Sorry it has been so expensive, but I know how you must worry, since it hadn't gone away yet. I hope now that it is smaller, that it will begin to heal and be gone in no time! And Mr. Sneaky boy won't have it to fuss with much longer! :D

So glad that all the P's are purrfectly in place!

5. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear he is doing well hope his paw heals OK for you :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

6. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

What a nice Caturday report on Cosmo. Hood to see you both again.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you've got a handle on the TOHP. Cosmo sounds like he's one great kitty.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great report today...thank you ....nice to know you have such a great vet! Good luck with that cyst...he really IS a smartie to run off and hide from you ...LOL...sweet Cosmo...you have to NOT lick it boy!! :razz:

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

awesome report, thank you Cyn! I hope this means TOHP is fixing itself.

10. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great update on sweet Cosmo. cat_pet_icon

11. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

12. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Sounds like Cosmo is doing great (aside from that TOHP). Hope the zit clears up quickly and glad to hear it isn't SCC!! cat_pet_icon

13. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Cyn - aren't those sebaceous cysts strange things? I had a drooler that had one...but of course we thought it was a growth, had to watch it, gross stuff coming out, started to scratch it open...yuck. So glad it turned out to be a cyst and not something more serious.

What a lovely thing for your vet to say about Cosmo! I'll think of that comment every time I see his picture.

14. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Instantaneously teared up at ""God makes a few sweet creatures. Cosmo's one of them.""
    I sooooo agree with Dr. B.

15. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Aww... thanks everyone.

Heather- that bite not collar looks horridly uncomfortable. He doesn't lick at it incessantly, or i would seriously consider it.

D- I think a lot of our kitties here on LL are some of God's few sweet creatures. Who else would put up with all that poking and prodding? I just took a little cat nap with my baby. Me curled on my right side facing Cosmo curled up on his left side, head on my right arm.

Amy- Dr B did say that the cyst was growing in a strange place, but he said he is relieved it had that gunk in there. It was gross, but I guess it's good.

Paige, Libby, Miriam, Sienne, Janice, Lisa, & Cheryl (hi Cheryl!!) - thanks for your kind words. I hope the stupid TOHP heals up soon too.

Jill- I love Cosmo's vet too. I consider myself very lucky. I don't think he was going to tell me the suspicions of SCC b/c they were just suspicions, and I think i'm glad. I would've just been worrying all the time (and he knows that).

Judith- that's our hope too. Vettybean did say that it might fill up with more fluid again, but he's thinking that since he expressed it until it was bleeding freely, that he got all the ick out. (gah-ross).

Hope everyone is enjoying their Caturday! We're having beautiful weather here!!!

16. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Huh. Merlin had a TOHP, too, remember? Big scary red thing that literally showed up in a few hours and was surgically removed not even a week later because Dr. B said it was scary-looking and aspirate was inconclusive. It turned out to be a benign trichoblastoma (sp?)

Is giant zit on paw rare in cats?

Is Squishy telling Cosmo to become an expensive lemon? ;-)

17. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Cosmo became a lemon long ago. Pretty much as soon as we needed to be a member here. In 2 days, I found out his liver, heart, and pancreas were insufficient and defective. 2 months later, I find out his kidneys are not great either.

Cosmo's TOHP was much much larger than Squishy's. Dr B said he would recommend removal were Cosmo not... old and a lemon (his words were something like "hesitate to recommend removal due to patient's age and underlying medical issues" which I am assuming he means the CRF. (Dr B reviewed Cosmo's kidney numbers yesterday too... we COULD remove, but he'd rather not and he knows I would rather not).

Dr B said that cats do get zits, but the location of this one is unusual.

Good to see you... hope all is going well in your plans!

18. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww, what a great Cosmo Caturday report! Love what the vet said :smile:

19. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful Cosmo report.....I love your vet, sounds alot like Zoe's Dr. B......nice to see the handsome pirate!

Sherry & Zoe

20. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

:lol: But we still love Cosmo cat_pet_icon

Just a waiting game now nailbite_smile Nothing new since I last posted on back up board but I'll go post a quick update.

21. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I love everything about this Cosmo update!

22. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

That is so sweet. What a great vet you have.

23. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Good to see you and with such a fantastic WCR. He certainly is luck to have such a great bean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.