03/15 J.D. PMPS 438, +2 539

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    404 PMPS (small drop of R)
    160 +3.5
    59 +6.5
    76 +7.75

Last night I dosed his R by taking the empty syringe and pressing in the plunger hard and holding it while inserting it into the vial and got a small drop in the needle. When I woke up at +6.5, I tried to test again in a half hour. I swear I was so groggy but kept myself a tiny bit awake somehow until 29 minutes had passed and then I guess I fell back to sleep.

Last night, after J.D. threw up his Baytril with the little bit of food he had eaten, and then threw up the cyproheptadine and ondansetron I gave him 10 minutes later, he ate pretty good for the evening. I just left a message for the vet with the vet receptionist telling the vet that he threw up from the ABs and I'll keep trying if that's what she wants me to do, but maybe I should give the ABs on an empty tummy that way the food isn't wasted if he throws up from it, as he is diabetic and needs his food.

At AMPS this morning, he ate some food. Then I went btb and I heard a cat eating and I think it was J.D. but didn't check. I got up at +4.5, and got J.D. up at +4.75 to test. He didn't want to eat, so I gave him some cypro and onda and chased it with some probiotics mixed with water via syringe. He's laying in his big doggy bed now.

I need to be off the board for a while, as today is my first day off in two weeks and I need to do some house cleaning.

bbl

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 J.D. AMPS 196, +4.75 65

Gosh, it's so hard when the ABs make them vomit. I wonder if there is an injectable version that might not do as big a number on JD's GI system? We used injectable ABs before with Zener and were able to get a few days in before GI upset. It is so stressful when our kitties with already suspect appy are on ABs which also does a number of their appy. Sending you lots of hugs and support. :YMHUG:

Attached Files:

3. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 J.D. AMPS 196, +4.75 65

Nice colors for J.D. today! I hope the vet gets back to you soon, and that he is feeling better now, it's hard when they aren't well :YMSIGH: . Paws crossed the housework is done fast so you can relax some :D

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 J.D. AMPS 196, +4.75 65, +5.75 74, +6.75 75, +7.75

The vet called and I told her I would keep trying the Baytril through the weekend and call her again on Monday if he keeps throwing up. She said I could try to give it one hour after eating. I told her I basically have been. I get home from work at 6:00pm, give him his insulin, he eats, and then I have been giving the Baytril about 1 hour later. She said if he keeps throwing up that we would have to try a different antibiotic and mentioned Covenia which I said no to.

J.D. has eaten most of the day, and laid around for the three hours that I have been up.

Some housework is done, but I had a visitor and now have to continue, but think I will get the cats out for a walk first.

Anne, he did pretty good with it for the first week. Started to become a little lethargic at day 7 and more so on day 8 and yesterday was day 9. We have 5 days more to go. He was on liquid Orbax for 10 days (started two weeks before we started Baytril, so had 4 days off of ABs in between) and I complained that the last 3 days he was acting like it was the most terrible tasting stuff and made such faces when I gave it to him. Maybe we could try that again if Baytril doesn't work. She gave me 56 pills of Baytril, I wonder if they would take back the pills we didn't use as they were quite expensive, as is the Orbax.

Okay, off to gather up the cats for a walk and load my pockets with peanuts for the squirrels.

5. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Oh Dyana, that is frustrating with the ABs making him vomit. I will pray that he will keep it down. If you switch back to Orbax, how long will you have to give it?

Nice numbers for J.D.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about the ABs making J.D. vomit. Hopefully he will keep it down if you try giving it to him on an empty stomach. Nice numbers today. Enjoy your walk with the kitties.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 J.D. +6.75 75, +7.75 150, +9.75 331

I took out my new backup Arkray meter and tested it against my old one and got a 351 in the new one and a 331 in the old one.

I tried to do the small drop of R the way I did it last night but the syringe would cooperate. When I did a test to see if there was a small drop of R in there, there wasn't. So, I just eyeballed hopefully a small drop of R and gave it to him.

I keep finding both the cats back in (my) bed. I got them out to go for the first walk and they ate and went btb. I just got them up again. I wouldn't mind being a cat :cool: for a day.

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 J.D. +6.75 75, +7.75 150, +9.75 331

Looks like the R helped bring J.D. down last night. Hope it does as well today.

From what I read in your condo, J.D. has been eating a lttle today and hasn't thrown up again, right? That's great. I love that you take the kitties out for walks. I'm sure it's good for all three of you. :D

The whole AB thing sounds very frustrating. Sorry, I'm pretty sure they will not take the unused portion back - it's against the law or regulations, or something. A big no-no, in other words! :sad:

Sending good appy and tummy vines.

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 J.D. +6.75 75, +7.75 150, +9.75 331, PMPS 438

Hopefully the R helped.
    He ate a little FF at +10.75 when we got home from our second walk, and I didn't stop him.
    He was eating Friskies when I got home from the store at +12.
    At PMPS, I just fed him some more Friskies with Miralax. I mix the Miralax well with a teaspoon of water and pour it over his food and mostly he drinks the water. He hasn't pooed yet today, so hopefully he will sometime this evening.

I will wait until +2 to give him his Baytril and hope he keeps his food down.

Lots of hopes in this post.

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I broiled a steak and he got some at +1.5 and a few bites more with the Baytril I just gave him.

I have to go to sleep soon because of work tomorrow.

11. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope J.D. kept all his food down. Can't wait for him to get a break from the AB's. So, sending appy/tummy soothing/good poo vines for the handsome boy cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

12. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

dyana, the baytril sounds like a nightmare. why would he be vomiting it right away - do you think it's taste? or his tummy has gotten irritated from it? i wonder if it would be helpful to cut them in half and put each in an empty capsule? i know you can get capsules at a pharmacy to fill yourself, at least at a compounding pharmacy. if it's taste, you can wrap pill pockets around the pills to coat them so the taste is hidden. i did that with punkin and it did help.

i hope you can get some sleep tonight. :YMHUG:

13. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Thank heavens you said NO to the Covenia! Every vet I've ever gone to has standing orders to not administer this drug to any of my kitties, ever.

I am sorry tho that apparently the Baytril is making J.D. vomit but today it sounds like he ate better and hopefully he kept it down. If you have to keep him on it at least you only have a few days to go now anyway.

Funny you should mention wanting to be a cat for day, I was just thinking that same thing, often, this past week!

Nice job managing his #s too, Dyana, with the R.

Desi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.