4/13 Oliver amps 340 +11~387 pmps 434 +2~414 +4~394

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Pretty good start to the day for Oliver. Appetite good as always, stool loose again.
    He's alot lighter on his feet, and quite comfortable in his surroundings more and more.
    Shadoe still hates him; he still doesn't care.

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/13 Oliver amps 340

That is a nice start to the day Gayle.
    So happy to hear Oliver is still continuing to feel at home and loved.
    Great numbers so far. Getting into the yellows will be so great.

3. cjleo

cjleo Member

Gayle,

I'm just catching up on your messages over the last four or five days. Rescued 2 new diabetics (one of whom is already OTJ - down from 6u bid of Lantus) over the weekend, so I've been busy.

The Lantus cartridges I sent you were NOT OPEN. They were brand new. He came with two open vials, one of which I dropped. So there were two new cartridges of Lantus that should be good for a month from initial use.

What made you think they were open?

Just curious,

Claudia

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Claudia,
    The pens are not what I used in the past; I had a vial to begin for Shadoe, then I got the 5-packs of cartridges. Those cartridges of Lantus and also the cartridges I had of Levemir and also the Humulin R each had the cartridges inside a sealed package.
    The pens do not look as if the area in which you extract the insulin with the syringes were covered or protected. Should there have been some sort of packaging or covering on that area which I would remove before first use?

As I said I did not know if they had been opened recently or not, so I switched to the levemir.

If both pens are still good and were unused on arrival with Oliver, then I can provide them to someone locally who can use them.
    The one that I had been using was at day 24 I believe, so that one would be iffy. The other one is still in my frig and would be OK as I have not used it at all.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 4/13 Oliver amps 340 +11~387 pmps 434

Not very good numbers for pmps.
    Will test through the cycle to see how he does.

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oliver, get down from there right now!! "Shadoe still hates him, he still doesn't care" :lol: love that!

What did the pens you got with Oliver look like? The ones I get are in a box and there is no covering or anything to indicate if they were opened. Just the black "plunger" at the one end gets closer to the end you draw from as it gets used.

Now gotta go see how Shadoe's day was :smile:

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Jen,
    If there is no covering on the ends of these pens, then if there is someone locally using Lantus, they are welcome to the one I have not used.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Come down from there Oliver! So great that he is so settled in and happy Gayle! :YMHUG:

9. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oliver glad you are having a great day, enjoying your tree and grass.
    Now it's time to enjoy the lower numbers too.

10. cjleo

cjleo Member

Gayle,

That is the way Lantus comes in the box of five. No wrapping. Must be the difference between US and Canada. I took a five pack and gave you 2 and Hope 1.

Yes please have someone use the second cartridge.

Thanks,

Claudia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.