7/16 Lucy PMPS=247;+2.25=218

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mariko, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Yesterday's condo

Yesterday
    AMPS=221 (0.5u); +2=270; +3.25=281; +7.75=230; +11.5=194
    PMPS=194 (0.25u BCS); +2=212; +5=198; +8.5=194

Today
    AMPS=248 (0.5u); +2=281; +9.25=241
    PMPS=247 (0.5u); +2.25=218

I gave her Cypro at 3:30am, so she was willing to eat at the breakfast time this morning.
    She so far finished the 1st breakfast, which is 1/2 of whole breakfast portion.
    She was losing interest towards the end of the 1st breakfast, but the Cypro effect lasted just long enough for her to finish it.
    I'll try to get her to eat some more later.
    Lucy is still very lethargic and her legs seem weak.

The new antibiotic, Tylan, might be working.
    Since she had her first dose last night, she's only had one diarrhea.
    She's got the second dose this morning.
    I'm feeling a little bit hopeful about it.
    I think she'll feel much better if I can get the diarrhea to stop.

I haven't figured out a good schedule for Slippery Elm Bark syrup.
    I want to give it to her so her tummy wouldn't feel uncomfortable after eating.
    So I should give it to her before feeding.
    But she gets most of her meds at the meal time because some of them are better given with food, and I don't want the SEB to slow down the absorption of the meds.
    Plus she now gets her cypro 2 - 3 hrs before the meal time.
    I wonder if it works as well if I give it somewhere right in between meals.
    Syringing stuff is very stressful for her, so I don't want to do it if it's not going to help her.......

She has a reiki appointment today.
    It's a distant session, so she doesn't have to go anywhere.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 7/16 Lucy AMPS=248

Hi guys, I'm so glad to hear the new meds might be helping your poor girl .. Sounds like both her and you are dealing with a lot of stuff to get her back at 100%! I hope she continues to improve each day .. have a great day guys!

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to see she has eaten somewhat OK so far today...prayers continue for us. I hope the new AB will quickly help.

Oh, I just thought of this....one experience I had with Trix when she was at the peak of her pancreatitis attack....the cypro really made her lethargic and weak. Walking up the stairs was a huge effort for her - she had to stop and rest partway up, and when she finally made it to her goal, the litterbox, she had to lay down for a minute or two before she had the energy to go. I really scared me because at first I wasn't sure what was going on, but then I put 2 and 2 together and realized it was related to the cypro. For her, I was pretty sure it was interacting with her BP meds, but maybe it was the cypro by itself. Maybe the cypro is doing the same to Lucy? We stopped using it for that reason, but fortunately Trix is easy to assist feed, which is what I had to do since the cypro had such a negative affect on her. I know you said it's hard to syringe Lucy, though....

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Cyproheptadine is a drug where ECID couldn't apply more. It made Tiffany and Max vocal and a tad nervous if given too much. Max just gets a crumb, maybe 1/8 a 4mg pill and he will eat. When he got 1/4 he was vocal and it didn't make him eat any more. Tiffany became VERY vocal on 1/4 a pill but needed that much twice a day I thought at the time. In retrospect I never tried less and it might have been better. Mirtazapine made her yowl and didn't last more than 1 1/2 days. It didn't make either of them sleepy. I'm glad the tylan powder seems to be working.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/16 Lucy AMPS=248;+2=281

I'm glad the Tylan seems to be helping Lucy. I hope she keeps eating for you. Sending prayers and hugs. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/16 Lucy AMPS=248;+2=281

Hi Mariko,
    I hope the new meds and the reiki will help Lucy a lot. She is a trooper, and so are you.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

7. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Re: 7/16 Lucy PMPS=247

Lucy had a diarrhea during day while I was at work.
    But I think she's feeling a bit better today.
    She finally gave me some decent purr today.
    I hadn't heard her properly purr since Saturday evening, so that made me very happy.
    And she seems more comfortable.

She so far ate about half of her regular whole meal portion.
    Not with much enthusiasm, but without pre-dinner Cypro!!!
    So that's pretty good! I think it's an improvement.
    I'll try to get her to eat some more later.

I am really exhausted still, but feeling more hopeful.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I missed you yesterday ...long work day for me.

I'm glad Lucy was a little better today. I hope the tylan continues to help her improve.

On the SEB, I think you should try to give it to her in between all her meals and foods. If you have a time (which could be hard when you work) where it's been a couple hours after she's had her meds and food and will be at least one or two hours until the next round, I'd try it. I use it for diarrhea, constipation, soothe the tummy, etc and I've found that, for my cats, it works just fine if given a few hours after a meal when there's not another meal planned for a few hours.

But if it's difficult to fit into her schedule or it stresses her to have it syringed, it might not be worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.