07/21 J.D. PMPS 197, +2 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    436 PMPS
    181 +4
    315 +7

I didn't give him any R last night and he just brought himself down.
    I did end up giving four 10ml syringes of MaxCal last night.

The cats were up before me, this morning, and two of the left over food bowls were empty, so maybe J.D. ate some.
    He did eat quite a bit (maybe 1/2 can) of MC FF Medleys, this morning.
    We went for a short walk at +1 and he ate a couple more bites. Right now, he is laying on the deck and it is a lovely morning.

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 07/21 J.D. AMPS 412

I'm glad he ate some thing this morning, and hopefully he's the one who cleaned up the food bowls overnight, too. Have a great day, Dyana!

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 07/21 J.D. AMPS 412, +2 588, +3.75 352

He has taken a couple of bites of MC here and there this morning.
    I didn't think it was quite enough, so I just syringed 20ml of MaxCal to him.

Someone on the Feline Assisted Feeding group mentioned getting a stool sample checked for blood and so I saved his perfect poo from 9:00pm last night in a baggy and just dropped it off. It has to be sent out for testing. I mentioned to the receptionist that I would also like to know when he should have his next blood test (for low RBCs, etc.) and she said "it says here in two weeks) that was written on July 7th. Today is two weeks. I asked if they had any appointments today and she said no. I said if I had known he needed to be tested today, I would have scheduled and appointment and asked if a technician can take J.D. into the back room for a blood draw. She checked, and that's the plan. I'll take him back at 2:00pm for a blood test. I should get the results tomorrow. Tomorrow, is my Birthday, so I am wishing for good results.
    Fingers Crossed and Knock On Wood :)

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 07/21 J.D. AMPS 412, +2 588, +3.75 352

I hope you get good test results back tomorrow. Sending good appy vines for J.D. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 07/21 J.D. +10 164, +11 183, PMPS 197

J.D. ate some food (okay several bites) of FF Chunky Turkey at PMPS. I need to syringe some food into him, and then go out to do some shopping.

He also ate some MC throughout the day today, just a couple bites here and a couple bites there.

I have upped his ondansetron, but have been withholding the cypro, for now.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 07/21 J.D. +10 164, +11 183, PMPS 197

There was some non-communication going on at the vets today :-|

Here's what I wrote earlier on the FAF board:

So, I go to the vet for the recommended two week blood test.
    The tech takes J.D. in the back.
    In the mean time, I ask the receptionist what is the difference in price between the Total Health Plus blood work that does the kidney and liver tests (Chemistry?) and the RBCs, etc. (Hematology?), and the test that just does the RBCs (Hematology?). She informs me that the shorter one is half as expensive, so I figured the RBCs is what they wanted to retest as they were low. So, I tell the receptionist that I guess I'll get just the RBCs (Hematology) test. She says I can talk to the vet tech about it.

The vet tech brings J.D. back and says he was a good boy, and I tell her about the test that I would like run (the one without the kidney and liver values), and also that I do not need another thyroid test or Spec fPL test), and she says "then I will have to draw more blood because I only drew enough for the Spec fPL." He was even fasted!
    She takes J.D. back for a long time and I wait and wait. The vet tech finally comes back with J.D. and says that what took so long is that she was looking through "the book" for the best deal.
    The Spec fPL by itself was $200.00 she said. The Total Health Plus with Chemistry, Hematology, Thyroid, and Spec fPL (the whole works) was $178.00, so he got all the tests again. His Spec fPL two weeks ago was 12.4 on a 6 hour fast.
    So, I don't know how this Spec fPL that was not fasted will compare to the one two weeks ago.

Okay, off now, to feed and shop.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I broke a glass washing dishes today and somehow there seems to be a piece of glass in the bottom of my foot which made shopping a little difficult.

J.D. ate a couple bites of Friskies S.D. Turkey & Giblets at +2. I will syringe feed him again now.
    I do not know what I will do if he is under 200 tomorrow when I have to go to work. Probably just skip the shot, and syringe as much as I can or he will allow me to.

I wonder if I should try to re-start cypro or buprenex, should I decide to skip..
    Probably bupe, sounds like something to try.

I'm probably off to bed in a few.

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We hope you get some good sleep, and your paddy paw is better tomorrow. JD looks nice in blue even if appy is crappy.

Good catch on the purrfect poo, paws crossed for results.

9. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Dyana, sorry to hear about the glass in the bottom of your foot. Hope you got it out and hope it heals fast. Sending more eating vines to J.D. and hope he behaves tomorrow while you're at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.